PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
ziporpor (Offline)

Default Few questions regarding sim for data plan - 16-07-2012, 13:25

Hi all,
I plan to visit Italy for a 10 days trip in the next month and I've been looking through the forum posts and got a little confused...

I am looking for a sim card with data plan mainly for using navigation apps and for calls/video calls through skype.

For my understanding, i'll need about 1 GB of the data for the entire trip but I'd rather be on the safe side and have a little more.

In addition, I plan to do a quick stop in Switzerland as well so if there is an operator that works there as well it would be great.

Any help will be much appreciated...

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 18-07-2012, 14:14

All info here:
Prepaid data overview (Italy)

All Italian operators work in Switzerland too, but you have to pay extra for roaming, which can be VERY expensive for data. There are some data options for roaming as well, check on the single operators' pages.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
buenso80 (Offline)

Default 18-07-2012, 18:02

I use Wind when in Italy. It works out of the box and costs 9euro for 1gb . Just remember your passport and your
CODICE FISCALE
Sendt fra min Galaxy Nexus med Tapatalk2

Old
  (#4)
ziporpor (Offline)

Default Thanks - 18-07-2012, 18:14

Effendi, thank you for your response and most useful link. Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenso80 View Post
I use Wind when in Italy. It works out of the box and costs 9euro for 1gb . Just remember your passport and your
CODICE FISCALE
Sendt fra min Galaxy Nexus med Tapatalk2
I have 2 questions regarding this,
1. According to Effendi's link, I see that this plan does not include VoIP, is that true?
2. by "works out of the box" you mean that I can start using the internet on my phone as soon as I buy and activate the SIM?

Thank you very much!

Old
  (#5)
buenso80 (Offline)

Default 19-07-2012, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziporpor View Post
Effendi, thank you for your response and most useful link. Great work!

I have 2 questions regarding this,
1. According to Effendi's link, I see that this plan does not include VoIP, is that true?
2. by "works out of the box" you mean that I can start using the internet on my phone as soon as I buy and activate the SIM?

Thank you very much!
Dunno about VoIP but regarding to out of the box there's 2 ways to do it:
1:buy a prepaid wind12 card which is activated by the dealer when you pay the 10 euro( sometimes you have to wait a couple of hours for it to work). Then you can choose the unlimited data-plan for 9 euros which includes 1gb. By default you pay 2 euros per day and can use 250mb a day..
2:Go to a official dealer and let them do it for you. Then you can choose between 1 gb/9euro , 5gb/15euro(i think) or 10gb/20euro it then works right away and for 1 month. The downside: The dealer often charges you 10 euros in activation fee

Sent from my gNex using Tapatalk2

Old
  (#6)
buenso80 (Offline)

Default 20-07-2012, 09:08

Hello Friends. I have just learned something new. The easiest way to get a italian sim with data plan are as following: Go to any electroninc store and buy a 10euro Wind card(remember your passport) then wait a couple of hours for it to work(in worst case up to 48 hours). When it's working: go to www.wind.it and create an account with your new tel.No. and your codice fiscale. Viola now you can choose between most of Winds offers

Sent from my gNex using Tapatalk2