PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
zaarciniex (Offline)

Default 11-05-2010, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
That's a common effect on a shared medium. Anyway, from my experience bandwidth has improved on the German O2 network on average during the past year, as O2 have intensively optimized their network by installing and upgrading 8000 base stations from Huawei.

I don't understand what your problem is exactly. Do you mean it takes some time after redeeming a top up voucher until it's credited?
NO doubt about the improvement as the shop assistants tried to convince to choose other providers, however I have not experienced any problems with the connection so far.

The problem about the refilling is that my time for next internet charge usually ends about 1900 in the evening. One time I forgot to refill it timely and it just ran out. I went to shop to buy a credit and using the sticks built in mobile partner option made a recharge slightly later. But I could not connect to the internet that day anymore by no means.
This makes my assumption that it does not happen automatically.

Old
  (#12)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-05-2010, 22:12

I never experienced that with Fonic. The money made it to my account right after I entered the top-up code(s).

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#13)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-05-2010, 22:32

That's strange since Fonic charges internet access by calendar day (from 00:00-23:59h) no matter when you actually start using data. But they throttle bandwidth after exceeding 1GB per day - perhaps they have an issue with this, which resulted in total disruption of data service. Did you generate a lot of traffic when you experienced this problem?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#14)
zaarciniex (Offline)

Default 12-05-2010, 20:20

Quote:
That's strange since Fonic charges internet access by calendar day (from 00:00-23:59h) no matter when you actually start using data. But they throttle bandwidth after exceeding 1GB per day - perhaps they have an issue with this, which resulted in total disruption of data service. Did you generate a lot of traffic when you experienced this problem?
No, I generate around 500mb a day.

Old
  (#15)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 13-05-2010, 09:27

Quote:
...But they throttle bandwidth after exceeding 1GB per day - perhaps they have an issue with this, which resulted in total disruption of data service. Did you generate a lot of traffic when you experienced this problem?
It's not 1GB anymore, it is reduced to 500MB/day after they introduced their new data plan with the price cap of 25€/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaarciniex View Post
No, I generate around 500mb a day.
Perhaps this is where your issue comes from. You generate 500MB/day, i.e., close to their data cap, and they probably have a problem throttling that to GPRS speeds.

Old
  (#16)
zaarciniex (Offline)

Default 13-05-2010, 12:50

May be, but anyway as I said I ran out of credit and when the new day starts, the traffic flow - defaults. The cutoff came right after the time I usually get the SMS that my credit falls below 3 EUR.
The idea was that I was not able to connect for quite a time after refilling.

Old
  (#17)
jack208 (Offline)

Default 14-10-2012, 03:17

Quote:
Remember that volume-based billing (€ 0.024/100 KB) is activated by default. To switch from volume-based billing to the dayflat tariff call customer care at 80000 (14 ct/min) or send an eMail through their web form (via this web page). Since eMails are not answered earlier than 24 hours, it might be preferable to request tariff switch by phone, which is carried out immdiately. An SMS will confirm activation of the new tariff option.
hi, I'm an oversea visitor to Germany and have bought a FONIC SIM card from Media Market. I followed the instructions in your site to activate the SIM card (very helpful page btw since I can't read german) and it appears the SIM card is now activated.

I've put the micro-SIM into my iPad and while the iPad detects it, it can't use it. I went online to FONIC site, log in and saw that my current balance is EU0? I thought I've EU10 or EU9 to start with? I bought the FONIC smartphone SIM for EU9.90.

Also when I log into FONIC site, I can't seem to see the button to switch from a per-MB Tariff Rate to the Handy Daily Rate?

does the FONIC card come with some starting balance or do I have to top it up from day one in order to use it? Help much appreciated.

Tags
fonic, germany