Old
  (#21)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-08-2009, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by snn47 View Post
GM tnx 4 fast reply,
I've searching a bit and found a Huawei the Q&A Huawei Technical Forum: Which is my HSDPA stick E160 or E169 or ... that
which contradicts some listings made on in the web.
After I dismantled my K3715 (see Huawei K3715 - 3G modem wiki) I clarified several times on telefon-treff.de, that the K3715 has no equivalent in Huawei's existing product range. The K3715 shares it's chipset with the E230, so there might be some similarities.

Quote:
PS.:
While it's good to have an antenna connector inside, I wonder if any of the matching female connector have been designed, similar to that used in Notebooks for WLAN, for more then just a a few disconnects. If I made up my mind and found a Stick I will have to buy/built an adapter-cable (e.g. SMA on the other side) and fix it permanently to the stick.

At a question for external use I found this info Huawei Technical Forum: E160X (model K3565) usb stick- aerial ...
Maybe we should move with this very hardware-specific discussion to an appropriate place. You could go to Huawei USB modems in general - 3G modem wiki and start a discussion (see bottom of page). You don't even need to register in order to post there!

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#22)
snn47 (Offline)

Default 01-08-2009, 18:39

Done, Information/question moved toMore details Huawei sticks and details on use of external antennas
More details Huawei sticks and details on use of external antennas 1 - 3G modem wiki

Bought a Tschibo since at my location I can only hope to get Edge coverage with an external antenna. However it may also prove usefull in the evening if the hotels charges >10 €/day This is the reason why I am trying to get the information to built if necessary external antennas.

PS.: Tschibo offers with the stick I bought today for 49.95 @ now only 3 free days flatrate.