PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
eurouser (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Recommendations for Denmark voice SIM? - 16-06-2009, 21:57

The way the industry is going it may be way too early to ask this!

I'm planning a trip to Denmark last week in August. I've got active Solomo and Ortel SIMS from Germany. I had a Yackie SIM. What should I purchase for communications in Denmark? Mostly incoming usage hat I will forward from my American phone via my VOIP service, but some outgoing, both within Denmark and a very little to the US. Possible side trip to Norway or ferry on the Baltic. Anyone?

GSM phones: SonyEricsson w580i, Samsung A437, Dell Streak
CDMA/GSM phones: Sprint Samsung Galaxy 5,
SIMS: (live) AT&T GoPhone (USA, Mexico) LIDL (Germany)
(dead) Ortel, solomo pro, Yackie

Old
  (#2)
Aclan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-06-2009, 19:21

I'm going for the Erasmus Student Exchange for a half year, so I've looked today at the Danish offers - I need relatively cheap SMSes and voice talks to Danish mobiles and cheapest possible SMS/MMSes to Poland. And I'm slightly disappointed.

Tele2's offer is worth a shot only if you'll refill it with 500DKK - any coupon lower than that will set you on riddicoulsly high 2DKK/min price to Danish mobiles. It has the lowest international prices though, and the SIM can be easily bought.

CBB has an interesting offer if you'll refill it online (but undoable without Danish account) or at some speciffic stores. They also have a really cool offer for a SIM with 200DKK on the account for only 20DKK, but - and here is my question to Danish residents - is there any way to buy it without a CPR nummer (I presume that it will take some time to get it, and I need a SIM right after arrival)?

Old
  (#3)
eurouser (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-06-2009, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclan View Post
CBB has an interesting offer if you'll refill it online (but undoable without Danish account) or at some speciffic stores. They also have a really cool offer for a SIM with 200DKK on the account for only 20DKK, but - and here is my question to Danish residents - is there any way to buy it without a CPR nummer (I presume that it will take some time to get it, and I need a SIM right after arrival)?
What is a CPR number? I am meeting a friend in Denmark who has lived there for at over 5 years but is not a Danish citizen. Would he have the ability to get this deal?

GSM phones: SonyEricsson w580i, Samsung A437, Dell Streak
CDMA/GSM phones: Sprint Samsung Galaxy 5,
SIMS: (live) AT&T GoPhone (USA, Mexico) LIDL (Germany)
(dead) Ortel, solomo pro, Yackie

Old
  (#4)
Aclan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-06-2009, 21:20

Det Centrale Personregister - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - it's basically a Danish identification number, similar to the Social Security Number of the USA.
It's assigned to everyone with the residence permit and the Danish address, and it's required almost everywhere (tax office, banks) so your friend surely has it. When i've mingled with CBB's webpage I've stuck on the form which required the CPR and the delivery address, so I don't know what's next, but I presume that those two things will suffice to get the SIM.

I think that the CPR is required only for limiting the number of SIMs in special offer per person , and if you'd buy it without this offer you wouldn't have to have it, but it's only me thinking - the page is only in Danish and Google's translation tool is not that great

Last edited by Aclan; 18-06-2009 at 21:26..

Old
  (#5)
Ties Brants (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-06-2009, 22:21

Not sure how it exactly works, but I tried to buy (a pretty standard) 3 sim card last december. They didn't want to sell it to me without some Danish ID card. So it is possible that you need a Danish ID card or at least the CPR number to buy a prepaid simcard. Which would be pretty stupid, but still.

Old
  (#6)
andy123 (Offline)

Default 26-06-2009, 11:49

Why can`t a foreigner buy a sim in denmark???? Is there so much restrictions over there.... I ususally travel to saudia and india. Don`t have any problem buying sims over there???