PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-07-2007, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by prion View Post
According to the web site caller id is visible by default (same like +423 numbers). So unlike Manx sims they do have called id. I have tried to dial the CS (+447937099911) and was unable from many voip providers!
did you manage to reach this number at all? I didnt even get a connection using T-Com...

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#12)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-07-2007, 07:58

Have you noticed?

http://www.united-mobile.com/downloa...en_um+_eur.pdf

Area 5
EAST TIMOR, GUINEA-BISSAU, KIRIBATI, LIECHTENSTEIN m, NIUE, SOLOMON ISLANDS, SOMALIA, SUDAN m, TOKELAU, WALLIS & FUTUNA

So, calling UM+ to UM starts from 1.29€/min from free-incoming countries. I suppose this pricing is "forced" by Jersey Telecom but it's sad UM couldn't do anything about it.

But in general, the UM+ offer doesn't look that bad. Almost all western and central Europe (not only EU) is covered with free incoming calls and outgoing calls to landlines and on-net are priced at 0.29€ (except for Andorra, Bulgaria, Liechtenstein where the rate is 0.59€). The only "expensive" European countries are Russia, Ukraine (no surprise), Faeroe and Greenland. No coverage in Belarus, Macedonia and Montenegro.
Of course, 0.59€/min for outgoing calls to mobile phones from the EU countries (even disregarding the setup fee) isn't any big deal to compare with "euroroaming" tariffs or Travelsim...

Old
  (#13)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-07-2007, 09:25

I am also unable to get in touch with their customer care on Jersey number. Tried several routes. Just don't get connection.

Old
  (#14)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 26-07-2007, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
did you manage to reach this number at all? I didnt even get a connection using T-Com...

Chris
No, I did not. I assume they have not activated CS at this number yet... I can not think of anything else.....

Last edited by prion; 26-07-2007 at 12:22..

Old
  (#15)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-07-2007, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATHA531 View Post
...1016868 is disabled it seems if you try to call an Isle of Man mobile (it works as advertised to regular UK mobiles)....conspiracy? Don't know.
I don't think so - they probably left it out of the dialplan through not knowing about it, as there aren't any other +4476 mobile numbers

or have you had this with 07924 as well?

So far, UK mobiles only started with 077, 078, 079. There will soon be some starting with 075, so I expect that some providers will take a while to catch up with that

Old
  (#16)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-07-2007, 13:41

is was able to dail the UM CS nummer using betamax voip and also on a regular line here in holland.

I still have an IOM number an lack of caller id is a big problem I think. If the UM +44 can be reached from anywhere I will be switching over to this number and drop my +423 number from them.

Old
  (#17)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default This is their response - 26-07-2007, 15:42

Dear Customer,

Your case with United Mobile Customer Service has been updated.

CASE NOTES
-----------
[26/7/2007 15:47:57 - 1stlevel_deu]
Dear Mr. Kucera,

thank you for your inquiry and your interest in our new product. We have just launched this new UM+ card, and therefore the new hotline was not yet activated. Please apologize this inconvenience.
The new hotline is up an running now, so you are now welcome to contact us around the clock, seven days a week. We will be happy to answer all your questions.

Kind regards,

Jakob Kirsch

United Mobile Customer Service

You can now contact United Mobile around the clock. Our Customer Service Team is now available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

CASE DETAILS
------------
ID : 17633
Customer: Lukas Kucera
Date : 26/7/2007 10:57:19
Title : Erreichbarkeit UM+ hotline

DESCRIPTION
-----------
Dear sirs,
I would like to get some more information about the United Mobile+ service, unfortunately your service number +447937099911 is not possible to reach.I have tried several routes including my local telcom. Then is very hard to believe that your United Mobile+ service will work well if the same or similar phone numbers allocated will be used.

Best Regards,

Lukas Kucera

Old
  (#18)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-07-2007, 15:44

BTW it works now. I called by JUSTVOIP and got in ti their system.

Old
  (#19)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 26-07-2007, 15:45

Ok this explains a lot. I have thought that this would be the case. Voiptalk charges 24 pence/min to connect to 07937!
Since Bbob says that he was able to reach them using other routes then probably pricing would not be a problem unless you are using a uk based provider (which has interconnection with them).

P.S. If they can be cheaply called from betamax then that makes it a very interesting product

Old
  (#20)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-07-2007, 16:03

it does concern me a bit that some people can't call the number using regular routes, i would like to know a bit more from other users if they have the same problem.

at the moment i have UM +423 and IOM +44.
The IOM number can be called by anyone it seems without problems but I don't have caller id which is not helpfull as I can't see who called my when missing a call.
The UM+ solution seems the answer to all this, caller id, I can use betamax, justvoip and forward to the number at 6 cents but if reaching the number through other channels is a problem I don't know.

so my question is do more people have problem reachin the new number using a regular telecom provider.