PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
faquick (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-01-2006, 18:22

Probably Andy found some "old" cards with 25.82 euros of credit included, sold slightly discounted for 25 euros, during some promotional time.

If you and your family are going to talk much between yourselves, I suggest you to try out Wind with one of the "NOI" offers too. With 15 euros you get 3 SIM cards with "noiwind" already activated (but you will need to top-up them, since the option will cost you the 5 euros included) so you can talk for 200 minutes to other wind phones

AndreA, you are slightly wrong in your message: All the options have free activation since today and until April

fab---

Name: Fabrizio
Some of my prepaid SIM cards: United Mobile Plus + 3ITA + I WIND + TIM + vodafone IT + 3 UK + O2 UK + Prima
My phones: HTC Desire + BlackBerry 9700

Old
  (#12)
x52 (Offline)

Default 30-01-2006, 01:04

I suggest you to try out Wind, me too... in particular, the "Noi Wind Pack" Faquick mentioned above! wind is a lot cheaper than vodafone and tim, and you'll have less coverage problems!
have a nice stay in italy!

Old
  (#13)
edresor (Offline)

Default 30-01-2006, 01:44

Thanks to all. Ironically, it came down to what was available in the U.S. and we went with TIM. We got a 20% discount for an order of 8.

I can't read Italian, but it looks like we are on the TIM Zer0Scatti plan and will pay Euro 0.15 per min. for calls to other TIM phones and Euro 0.45 per min. for calls to other phone phones in Italy.

I hope when we arrive, a TIM shop will advise us on the best plan. We are all really excited about visiting Italy and feel the money is well spent so we don't waste any of our few days there.

Old
  (#14)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-01-2006, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by edresor
I hope when we arrive, a TIM shop will advise us on the best plan. We are all really excited about visiting Italy and feel the money is well spent so we don't waste any of our few days there.
It will be a great success if at the TIM shop they can speak a bit of English, don't hope they will suggest you the right plan too!

I think the best solution could be the "TIM Trib?" option. If you all activate that tariff, you all speak among you at 1 cent per minute, after a set-up fee of 16 cent. SMS also cost 1 cent per message, while MMS 10 cent. Calling other numbers would cost 19 cent/min, plus the set-up fee, 9 cent for SMS.

If you subscribe to the 119 online (we can help you with Italian) you can change to this plan easily and just by yourself. There is a promotion till the 5th of February, so if you change to it after that date everything could be different (=worse), so it's better to hurry.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#15)
x52 (Offline)

Default 30-01-2006, 11:09

Hi Effendi! (I know you from the WindWorld Forum, and always appreciate your posts!)
What promotion were you talking about Tim Trib? until the 5th of February? I haven't heard about it!

Old
  (#16)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-01-2006, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by x52
Hi Effendi! (I know you from the WindWorld Forum, and always appreciate your posts!)
What promotion were you talking about Tim Trib? until the 5th of February? I haven't heard about it!
As you know I'm quite en expert for Wind and 3, but surely not for TIM! This morning I took a look at TIM's site and they write there is a promotion till 5th of February, and that make me think that after that date the actual TIM Trib? offer could get worse.... but maybe Faquick knows much more than me!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#17)
x52 (Offline)

Default 30-01-2006, 11:24

Thank you so much Effendi!
I looked up on their site too... I wonder what they're gonna change... hope not the 1cent/min tariff, maybe the sms cost!
Thank you anyway!

Old
  (#18)
faquick (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 01-02-2006, 20:28

Nobody still knows what is going to change with the "Tribu" plan. But speculations are about them limiting the total amount of "special price" SMS and voice calls. (i.e. 1000 minutes / 1000 SMS) but there is nothing official yet.

Ed, btw, why didn't you ask Carlo or someone else of us to buy for you some Wind cards? They also put an announcement in the "trade sell buy" forum.

fab---

Name: Fabrizio
Some of my prepaid SIM cards: United Mobile Plus + 3ITA + I WIND + TIM + vodafone IT + 3 UK + O2 UK + Prima
My phones: HTC Desire + BlackBerry 9700