PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
John (Offline)

Default Perugia & Calls to US from Italy - 10-07-2007, 21:57

We are staying in Spoleto, Umbria for 2 weeks soon and I wish to get 2 Wind or TIM sims to use for local calls. Does anyone know if there is a list of stockists of these sims anywhere? There must be a number of shops in Perugia and Spoleto selling these, but I cannot find any details on the TIM or Wind websites.

Also, my daughter wants to get a calling card to ring her boyfriend in California while we are there, from callboxes in Spoleto. Are such cards readily available in Italy? Any recommendations?

We are stopping in Bologna en route to Umbria, so could buy one there if I knew where from.

Thanks for any info.

John

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-07-2007, 22:16

For Wind look here:
http://www.wind.it/it/privati/rivenditori.php
For "rivenditori" choose "tutti"
LocalitÃ*: is the name of the town (Bologna, Spoleto, Perugia...)
No matter about CAP (ZIP code) and Provincia

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Wink 10-07-2007, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
We are staying in Spoleto, Umbria for 2 weeks soon and I wish to get 2 Wind or TIM sims to use for local calls. Does anyone know if there is a list of stockists of these sims anywhere? There must be a number of shops in Perugia and Spoleto selling these, but I cannot find any details on the TIM or Wind websites.
Look at it:
Wind http://www.wind.it/it/privati/rivenditori.php
Tim http://www.privati.tim.it/pr/pr_risu...=1&tuttoS=true

Quote:
Also, my daughter wants to get a calling card to ring her boyfriend in California while we are there, from callboxes in Spoleto. Are such cards readily available in Italy? Any recommendations?
Using a Wind simcard she can call directly from cellphone! You have to look for a "Dialoga International" card: http://www.wind.it/it/privati/calling_cards.php

... in the airport/station you can find surely some Wind "Dialoga International" prepaid international card. Those cards are not sold at Wind official shops (quite weird, isn't it?), but at newstands (Edicole) and tobacco shops (Tabacchi), but it's not easy to find. You could have more chances at airports and bigger train stations. Once you find them, you can choose between € 5.- and € 10.- value of airtime. For dialing from a Wind mobile phone just dial the toll free number: 800 905 500, enter your code and you are ready to go. Tariffs depend on the country and there are usually higher tariffs for calling a mobile phone (mostly in European countries); there is a complete list, in Italian, here. You can use the Dialoga International card also from landline numbers, public phones and mobile phones of different operators, but the prices are higher, as you can see on the table.

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG