PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
crozzfire (Offline)

Default Germany pre-paid SIM cards - 11-03-2009, 12:05

Hi, I'm a student from India, and I'm headed to Germany during the summer of 2009 for 3 months for a summer internship (yeah, talk about recession!). I have a low bandwidth GSM handset (Samsung C170), and I'm still pondering whether I shud carry it with me all the way over there. I was thinking of renting a handset and getting a prepaid SIM card with minimal talktime, say about 10 EUR so I can recharge if I run out of talk value. What are my options? Is it cheaper to rent-a-mobile with SIM card, or do I purchase one so I can continue to use it after my internship period in India? And which service provider is the best for me? Some guys I talked to suggest O2, as it has free incoming and cheap call rates for local and international calls... Is there something called a bundle offer, by which I get a handset for rent along with an O2 prepaid SIM with some initial talk value that I can recharge later? I'll be needing it mostly only for calls and SMSes, as I'll be having an internet connection in my place of stay. Or do u suggest I carry my Samsung all the way over there? Please help...