PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
talon4x4 (Offline)

Default Need help with Toggle sim on iPhone - 06-10-2013, 04:47

I put the new sim in, registered on the Toggle site, topped up the card and then registered 2 local numbers (USA and Germany). I'm on the T-Mobile network and have great signal. I have received the text msgs confirming my local numbers. After receiving the msgs I tried sending a text to the USA number and nothing happens. Searched the internet and I keep reading about some Toggle Mobile Menu that is supposed to be on the phone to change profiles but I have no idea how to access that. Is there an app I need from the Apple app store?

How do I access my balance from the phone? The little book they send with the sim says to dial *131# I tried that but when I hit send the phone tries to make a call

Also, does Toggle charge for the 5 confirmation text messages they have sent me? My balance has gone down and these have been the only messages I have received.

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-10-2013, 05:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon4x4 View Post
....I keep reading about some Toggle Mobile Menu that is supposed to be on the phone to change profiles but I have no idea how to access that. Is there an app I need from the Apple app store?
Try Settings->Phone->SIM Applications

Old
  (#3)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-10-2013, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon4x4 View Post
I put the new sim in, registered on the Toggle site, topped up the card and then registered 2 local numbers (USA and Germany). I'm on the T-Mobile network and have great signal. I have received the text msgs confirming my local numbers. After receiving the msgs I tried sending a text to the USA number and nothing happens. Searched the internet and I keep reading about some Toggle Mobile Menu that is supposed to be on the phone to change profiles but I have no idea how to access that.
Regardless of which IMSI you are using and to which of your toggle numbers you are sending text messages you should receive all of them as long as you have a signal. You don't necessarily need to use a local IMSI to receive text messages sent to the corresponding local number.
In other words: If you have a signal and don't receive text messages sent to your US number something has gone wrong on the network which you cannot influence from your phone.

Quote:
Is there an app I need from the Apple app store?
No.

Quote:
How do I access my balance from the phone? The little book they send with the sim says to dial *131# I tried that but when I hit send the phone tries to make a call
*131# is the correct command to request your balance. If your phone does not submit it as USSD command (as it should do) but instead tries to establish a call, then I would assume that your phone has a bug.

Quote:
Also, does Toggle charge for the 5 confirmation text messages they have sent me? My balance has gone down and these have been the only messages I have received.
No, incoming messages - regardless of your location and of whether they originate from toggle or not - are always free of charge.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#4)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-10-2013, 12:30

Also, it sometimes happens that new cellular "central offices" are slow to propagate into the appropriate databases. Try sending SMS from the phone and see what happens. Then try sending to the phone from various carriers. The issue is that the US is different that most other countries in that the cellular carriers don't have their own area codes, rather cellular numbers are assigned in blocks of 10000, by 3-digit central office (CO) codes. In the form AAA-CCC-NNNN where A is the area code, C is the CO and N is the number. Routing tables for text messages in the US are very complicated.