Old
  (#21)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 911 -999 - 06-03-2010, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Could be wrong, but i thot you could dial 112 or 911 even w.o. a SIM installed.
Yes you can dial emergency services without the sim card, but I guess due to truphones call-back settings they may have blocked emergency services.

Sim card and credit will expire if not use !
Quote:
In the event that you do not use the SIM card or the call balance components on your account is zero for any continuous period of 180 days, we reserve the right to invalidate the SIM card and/or call balance components and cancel your account and Services without prior notice and without any refund, repayment or compensation

To use truphones local anywhere you have to pay a monthly fee.
Quote:
In order to receive these local call rates you must purchase a monthly local rate option. You can either purchase a local rate option prior to your departure or when you arrive in a country where Truphone has local rates, you may receive an automated text message giving you the option to purchase local call rates at such time.

7.5The monthly option fees can be found on our Website

7.6The monthly local rate option fee is a rolling monthly prepayment fee which shall automatically be charged to your nominated debit/credit card on the first day of the each month unless you notify us by calling customer services on 707 or in writing (by means of post, fax or e-mail) that you do not want to continue with the local rate option. Any cancellation of the local rate option shall take effect at the end of the month in with the notice of cancellation was given to us and any monthly prepayment debited from your chosen card will not be refundable when you cancel the option part way through the month.

7.7If you decide to cancel the monthly fee for the local rate option then you will not be able to take advantage of the local rates when travelling to that country to which the local rate option originally applied until you again choose to sign up for the local rate option. You can do this online or by replying to our text advising you of the local option.

Last edited by easyroam-; 06-03-2010 at 16:34..

Old
  (#22)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-03-2010, 16:41

Quote:
Sim card and credit will expire if not use !
I said that, one phone call a month. Obviously you will need credit for that. It is normal for any company to have your card expire if you don't use it for a certain time period, 180 days short, but not entirely unreasonable.

Quote:
To use truphones local anywhere you have to pay a monthly fee.
Nope, you got that wrong actually, that is if you buy a LOCAL number.

"In order to receive these local call rates you must purchase a monthly local rate option."

Notice the difference?

As for 911, I cannot and will not try it, but I simply don't believe you... I can't believe any sim company would block it without getting in trouble with the law.

Look, I understand you are trying to sell your own sim, but please get your facts straight... I'm not defending any company, Truphone means nothing to me, but I can't stand spreading half truths and slander...

Last edited by Sophia; 06-03-2010 at 16:46..

Old
  (#23)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-03-2010, 16:53

Isn't Ekit's passport a better deal for Canada? Get a cheap Canadian DID or a free US one and forward it to their UK number for US $0.09 a minute from siptraffic.

US$100 will get you a year's service on TMobile USA which can be used in Canada for 45 US cents a minute.

Old
  (#24)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-03-2010, 17:03

Thanks, worth looking into I guess...

Old
  (#25)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-03-2010, 00:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Isn't Ekit's passport a better deal for Canada? Get a cheap Canadian DID or a free US one and forward it to their UK number for US $0.09 a minute from siptraffic.

US$100 will get you a year's service on TMobile USA which can be used in Canada for 45 US cents a minute.
T-Mobile USA's roaming rates in Canada are 69 cents/minute, not 45.

Old
  (#26)
Sophia (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-03-2010, 17:52

One thing I must say about Truphone: their data rates are not bad at all. I played with that yesterday, looked up a few web pages, checked email, logged into Nimbuzz, and total cost was $0.22. For emergency emails and web surfing, this will certainly do

Old
  (#27)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-03-2010, 10:00

Sophia

What kind of speed do you get in data downloading with
The sim in Canada. Is it 3g speed or much lower?

Old
  (#28)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 911 - 12-03-2010, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
As for 911, I cannot and will not try it, but I simply don't believe you... I can't believe any sim company would block it without getting in trouble with the law.
Have a look at truphones terms and conditions. They clearly state that you cannot use 911, 112, 999 emergency services on there sim card.

Old
  (#29)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 911 - 12-03-2010, 10:17

Quote:
Sophia;31355
You can test the number. call 911 and see if it connects and if it does, just say sorry I pressed the number by mistake. I was cleaning the phone.

Old
  (#30)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-03-2010, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post

Stu

How do you forward the did number to Ekit I'm number using
SIPTraffic? Can you explain how you to this.