PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-03-2009, 18:33

frenchfry,

Shoot an email back to them, and let them know that it's not your fault that they are changing service and that you will be moving to a competitor such as Maxroam or United Mobile if they insist that you pay for the sim. Let them know that it makes no sens that you have to pay for their own issues.

As posted in the "Is Maxroam working" thread, maxroam uses the same service provider as celtrek and had the same problem. And they are doing the right thing by sending new sim to their customers. Even though the sims are not fully functional yet.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#12)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-03-2009, 21:33

I believe that if you just tell them that they can refund your credit balance, they will find a way to get you a free SIM.

Old
  (#13)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 17-03-2009, 18:19

I've been in contact with Aaron at Celtrek about the SIM swap. The new system seems fairly attractive, in spite of the $10 SIM charge. In particular there is no gaping coverage hole in the Magreb and Mideast, like their previous system had. The rates seem attractive for most destinations and not bad at all for the US & Canada. He tells me that the SMS number will be in Belgum. Does that ring any bells?

Old
  (#14)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-03-2009, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
I've been in contact with Aaron at Celtrek about the SIM swap. The new system seems fairly attractive, in spite of the $10 SIM charge. In particular there is no gaping coverage hole in the Magreb and Mideast, like their previous system had. The rates seem attractive for most destinations and not bad at all for the US & Canada. He tells me that the SMS number will be in Belgum. Does that ring any bells?
Please let us know if you receive a new card. Ryan w/ Celtrek has ceased returning my calls. I've pretty much lost faith.

Old
  (#15)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-03-2009, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
... and that you will be moving to a competitor such as Maxroam or ...
According to their own public comments, Celtrek and Maxroam have been partners not rivals

Old
  (#16)
CellRider (Offline)

Default A little more then casual partners. - 20-03-2009, 12:27

Make that more then partners. Celtrek bought 50% of Cubic\Maxroam found this below from 2008. Both companies must be sharing a lot infrastructure. Must be why they are both undergoing the same issues these days. If you look at Cubic's presidents twitter account he seems to have no issues with anything other then the weather. Twitter / patphelan

In just the first quarter of the New Year, GRDB has announced that it was to acquire a 50% ownership in Cubic Telecom Ltd. and along with that, Pat Phelan has joined the company’s Board of Directors. Phelan, age 43, currently serves as President and co-founder of Cubic Telecom Ltd., an Ireland based mobile telephone provider, which is now 50% owned by GRDB. But his Resume is much broader than that. Phelan has also founded several other European Telecom companies including Excell Collections Ltd., Cork Phone Limited, and Roam4free Ltd.

Adding a company such as Cubic and an experienced and well versed Board member is exciting, but it’s just one of the many advances the company has been making. In fact, just this February Global Roaming Distribution, Inc. attended the GSMA World Congress 2008 in Barcelona, Spain. It was there that Global Roaming’s subsidiaries MAXroam and Qik, were able to discuss their products and services to many of the 55,000 attendee’s of the now famous cellular event show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
According to their own public comments, Celtrek and Maxroam have been partners not rivals

Old
  (#17)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-03-2009, 20:02

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. There's apparently still co-operation between these firms, but that quote above is out of date.

Old
  (#18)
CellRider (Offline)

Default 20-03-2009, 20:28

I stand corrected. I missed that in my research. Just happened in Jan.

26-Jan-2009
Form 8-K for GLOBAL ROAMING DISTRIBUTION, INC.

Change in Directors or Principal Officers
Item 5.02 Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers.
Effective on January 16, 2009, Yakov Seroussi, Pat Phelan and Jenny Callicott resigned from their respective positions as members of the Registrant's Board of Directors and as an officers and employees of the Registrant. Mr. Phelan's resignation follows the previously announced rescission of the Company's acquisition of 2,000,000 shares of common stock of Cubic Telecom, a mobile telephone provider organized under the laws of Ireland. Mr. Phelan is a co-founder and Chief Executive of Cubic Telecom. The Company has also ceased all business operations due to a lack of sufficient operating capital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. There's apparently still co-operation between these firms, but that quote above is out of date.

Old
  (#19)
christophe (Offline)
Official Member

Default New celtrek card received! - 25-03-2009, 21:41

Hello

I receive my new sim card with a 32 489 number wich seems to be a KPN (base) network like my original bel sim card with Simyo.
The prices from GR Celtrek are pretty attractive comparing to before especially for receiving calls without call set up charges.
Easly reachable . its running Ok but i lost the previous attached DID numbers. I need to wait for that, therefore its always possible to use other services to maintain french landline numbers wih DID providers forwarded to bel gsm numbers.

I ll test the card during April in Europe and South America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones_boy View Post
Please let us know if you receive a new card. Ryan w/ Celtrek has ceased returning my calls. I've pretty much lost faith.

International Prepaid services : YackieMobile +31, GoSimEkit +44 & Truphone +44

Old
  (#20)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-03-2009, 02:48

I received a UPS shipping notification for my new SIM today.
I asked if the Celtrek SIMs might be reached via a SIP address. I was told "No". I think this would be a good service to provide and "no skin off their noses". It's not like they make anything on the inbound connection like CPP carriers do.

BTW, do they provide the GPRS settings?