PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
JohnGabrikh (Offline)

Default Vopium adds Android to its portfolio of applications - 01-07-2009, 11:02

Vopium, the leading international mobile communications company, has just launched its award winning mobile VoIP application on the Android Market. The application follows the recent launch of Vopium on the iPhone App Store and BlackBerry App World™ and cements Vopium’s commitment to offering mobile users worldwide a cheaper, high quality international communications channel.

Vopium is compatible with more than 500 handsets across Java, Symbian, BlackBerry RIM, and Windows Mobile, as well as offering complete applications for the iPhone App Store, BlackBerry App World™ and Android Market.

Vopium allows you to save up to 90% when making international calls or sending SMS from your mobile phone in your home country - and this without changing your current operator or SIM-card. You pay your mobile provider for a local call and Vopium for the international call. With Vopium WiFi you can even make 100% free calls and avoid roaming charges when abroad.

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-07-2009, 23:23

Kindly don't insult our intelligence by copying and pasting press releases, thanks

and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGabrikh View Post
Vopium allows you to save up to 90% when making international calls or sending SMS from your mobile phone in your home country - and this without changing your current operator or SIM-card. You pay your mobile provider for a local call and Vopium for the international call.
Actually, it seems that its 23 cent a minute rates to European mobiles is actually more than O2 would charge me, and there are plenty of SIMs here with cheap international rates, plus cheaper callthrough providers, so the claim of vast savings is absolute nonsense

Old
  (#3)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-07-2009, 00:17

Apart from the least cost routing of the call once you have dialled the switch (and paid a national call yourself), this is hardly Voice over IP (such as using mobile data) or am I missing something? Also, apart from the software front-end on the mobile, what makes this different from using any other calling card or account based option, apart from the fact that its prices are much higher than the average?

Spam?

Old
  (#4)
JohnGabrikh (Offline)

Default 02-07-2009, 07:38

I am using Vopium reach out package which offers .01 $ for the top countries calling where skype offers 0.02$ so thats the way i have compared it.
Secondly Using Vopium on symbian and when it comes to Andriod so i decided to announce it on forum.

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-07-2009, 14:42

You didn't introduce or describe your experience of using the product, just a pure cut-and-paste of PR material

Old
  (#6)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 02-07-2009, 14:58

Is this pure VOIP or merely a dial-in service with a program that hides the calling card process from the individual.