PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
nivetha

Default unlock help - 19-10-2009, 12:34

My friend have the nokia 6500.He want to unlock his phone.He saw the unlock code in the site [spam deleted] .But we have to pay for the some amount.And Where can get the free unlock code?

Last edited by andy; 25-10-2009 at 18:58..

Old
  (#2)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-10-2009, 19:53

yesss!

Handy entsperren | Allgemeine Tipps | So einfach geht's | diskont-handyfonieren | yesss!

Is is possible that you'll find help there, I've not checked your model.
Unlocking is completely legal in Austria.

Old
  (#3)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-10-2009, 18:09

Now that is odd.

I understand your friend has a Nokia 3100 and used a slightly different unlocking site

ah, I'm sorry, it's your sister that has the 3100, and a friend has the N97

actually, you and your colleagues seem to have loads of acquaintances with these problems, and posted loads of others all over the internet

Last edited by andy; 25-10-2009 at 19:42..

Old
  (#4)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 25-10-2009, 19:49

And his father has the 6070, his dog's got a 6310, and now his super talking cow has an iPhone!

But wait... should they be using an unlock code or unlock software? Or what exactly is the process? Or the procedure on that site is a bit confusing..... Hmmm... I know...let's ask a few different hundred forums!

Maybe the cow and dog will be able to talk to each other some day with their new unlocked phones!

Old
  (#5)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-10-2009, 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eor9 View Post
Do you know what network they use for their Internet stick? I have a Huawei E1550 that is locked to drei.at. I would like to use it with yesss. Thanks.

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#6)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-10-2009, 07:05

Yesss! uses the one-network (not A1).
In the Hofer shops you'll find a free coverage-list.
semaf.at for instance will probably be able to unlock your modem.

Old
  (#7)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-10-2009, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9eor9 View Post
Yesss! uses the one-network (not A1).
In the Hofer shops you'll find a free coverage-list.
semaf.at for instance will probably be able to unlock your modem.
Danke schoen. We rarely visit Vienna, but rather go to the Tirol. Perhaps I can send them my modem by post from Canada and after unlocking it they can post it back to me somewhere within Austria. (There's a large Hofer near the Innsbruck main train station where I can purchase the SIM and bandwidth credit.)

Old
  (#8)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-10-2009, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bylo View Post
Danke schoen. We rarely visit Vienna, but rather go to the Tirol. Perhaps I can send them my modem by post from Canada and after unlocking it they can post it back to me somewhere within Austria. (There's a large Hofer near the Innsbruck main train station where I can purchase the SIM and bandwidth credit.)
yesss! uses the Orange network (ex One), HSPA2100 and GSM1800. 3G coverage in Innsbruck is spotty in buildings, but thier 2G is just fine.

Why not unlock your modem at dc-unlocker? Last time I checked it was EUR10 and the E1550 is supported.

As for the Hofer stores in Innsbruck, the one by the train station, on Museumstraße 14, always seems to be out of stock on SIM cards. They have the refills, but no SIMs. The one across the river, on Mitterweg 18 is always fully stocked.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#9)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default top up - 27-10-2009, 17:14

You can buy balance not only in the Hofer stores, I also found it in PAGRO (That is an office material / paper store chain in Austria).

Old
  (#10)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-10-2009, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
Why not unlock your modem at dc-unlocker? Last time I checked it was EUR10 and the E1550 is supported.
Because I didn't knonow about them. Thanks.

As I understand it, the locked drei.at E1550 and SIM I bought in September will expire after 4 months. Will I be able to recharge the account with drei.at next September and use the same E1550 and SIM?

If not then presumably by unlocking the E1550 I'll be able to buy a yesss! SIM and bandwidth next year. According to their website, their packages last 1 year which is more useful to me since I visit Austria usually only once a year.

A side issue. Drei.at lets me roam in the UK using the AT stick and SIM. If I visit the UK and buy a 3.UK SIM/bandwidth will I be able to use that with my AT E1550, i.e. is it locked to drei.at or to all of the 3 network?

Quote:
As for the Hofer stores in Innsbruck, the one by the train station, on Museumstraße 14, always seems to be out of stock on SIM cards. They have the refills, but no SIMs. The one across the river, on Mitterweg 18 is always fully stocked.
That's good to know. Thanks.

P.S. What can I do with an unlocked E1550 in Canada? As far as I know, the big three (Rogers, Bell and Telus) don't sell bandwidth on a non-contract basis. Are there any other options? Same in the US?