PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
rab_cilbup (Offline)

Default GPRS Prepaid Netherlands - 11-12-2006, 11:36

Hi Folks,

Am taking a trip to the Netherlands from the UK at the start of February and now that WIND have bumped their rates up, I need a GPRS enabled pre-paid SIM with as cheap a data rate as possible.

I have friends in Holland, so getting a Dutch SIM is not a problem, but does anyone have any recommendations as it's a pain in the backside trying to decipher the various websites.

Thanks in advance !

Old
  (#2)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 11-12-2006, 13:31

Have a look at the operators on the prepaidgsm website and you see everything within a few clicks: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/netherlands.html

:P

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#3)
rab_cilbup (Offline)

Default 11-12-2006, 14:13

Doh !

Thanks !

Looks like the Telfort one is most suited, I don't understand the Vodafone one as it looks like they charge data using time and not amount.

Will check the requirements and get my friends to check coverage etc properly, but that's excellent.

Old
  (#4)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 11-12-2006, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab_cilbup
Doh !

Thanks !

Looks like the Telfort one is most suited, I don't understand the Vodafone one as it looks like they charge data using time and not amount.

Will check the requirements and get my friends to check coverage etc properly, but that's excellent.
At Vodafone you can either get charged by volume or by time. Must be 2 differnet tariff options.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#5)
rotterdam2000 (Offline)

Default I would suggest - 17-12-2006, 20:19

Hello I would suggest you to use T-Mobile A the network is cheap for gprs and one can top up with credit card. Validity stay's when one makes a call or send a sms every 6 months.
And the longer you stay customar tje more bonus reduction gets up to 30 % after 1 and a half year.
www.t-monile.com

Orange is a validy that is un limited but one has to pay for gprs 6 euro's for (now ) 6 mb datatraffic after that one pay's 2 euro's per Mb.
Orange World has to be activated.
www.ornage.nl

Telfort has a need be top up every 1 year and 1 mb is approx 5 euro, but one can send and recieve data ( email ) with their phone via gprs 100kb is approx 15 to 50 eurocent ( veries by customar service repressentitive)
www.telfort.nl

Never use vodafone or KPN or Hema you can use however Albert Hein Mobiel ( that's Telfort network )
www.ah.nl www.hema.nl .

Or when one does live in Belgium or Germany one can considder www.ayyildiz.nl to call cheap to those countries and Turkey 17ect/min
Or use www.lycatel.com and watch the site of www.united-mobile.com

And take a look at www.yiggers.nl and www.trendcall.com ( sites are in Dutch )

Maybe also a good idea is to look at www.voipbuster.com you can make calls internationally for local gsm rates provided you filled the deatil in correctly at the website when one has logged in.

Also one can make webactivated calls and sens sms at 5 eurocent a piece.
And one can pay with paypal and moneybookers and www.clickandbuy.com much easyer.

t-mobile rates 8 all over Telfort rates a 6-7 and Orange rates a 9 in mine personal opinion.
Customar services is the cheapest with t-mobile 25 ct per call Orange is the same ass one pay's calling a 06-xx number and Telfort 20 ct= the call from one gsm or to a gsm number.
1200 is customar service and 1244 is the up line nearly all do use these except for vodafoen 1200 only.

Telfort uses free voicemail ( listening ) other you have to pay for listening.
T-Mobile has the cheapest sms 7 ct in the 24/7 plan with www.qick.nl you cab send the cheapest sms to abbroad 10 cent/sms

Have fun. .

Old
  (#6)
rotterdam2000 (Offline)

Default Supplement - 17-12-2006, 20:43

With T-Mobile one can also send and recieve email with the phone ( provided one has a build in emailclient ) the smtp server is www.t-mobile.net and with Telfort it is smtp.telfortmail.nl and that's for all the companies whom roam at Telfort like ah and yiggers and trencall.
It has been said to me that t-mobile email can also be used at a lycatel sim.

Vodafone email can only be used when ones has a @vodafone emailadres ( sign up via the website ) 25 cents/15 min Vodafone live sending email is 20 cent a piece.

Don't use KPN their rubbish and expensive.

I think if you use www.united-mobile.com and you roam on Orange network then only that what natively can be done can be used.

See these links also.
www.vakantiebellen.com and www.bellen.com .

With Orange you can send 1 sms to 15 people through the website for the price of sending it to 4 people.
And one can get a @orange.nl email adres with can also be read on the main pc in outlook like also a @vodafone emailadress can.
www.vodafonez11.nl see the blox and the passport feature validy has to be top upped ever 3 months with at least 10 euro but one call compltely free between vodafone users in the weekend.
And between vodafone users in the rest hours is 3 = 60 so 60 mins calls are billed for 3 mins 3x29ct.

With Telfort you can send sms and mms cheaper via the website and with T-Mobile you can do this also and setup a wap email ( read email through the email link with wap ).

Send a email?
make a new sms message.
Start with this command EMAIL the@emailadres.com and now you type the message up to what the sms can send an signs.
Between EMAIL and the emailadress is a space and between the adres and the message is a space.
Send that email to this number.
(+31)(0)208239871 this is for the that of that/those sms es.
You can also send faxes on this way FAX FAXNUMBER message send to
When you use t-mobile 555 vodafone 125 Orange 126 KPN 969 Telfort does not offer this www.gin.com service.

Maybe this ll help you.

www.t-mobile.nl www.orange.nl www.kpn.com www.vodafone.nl www.telfort.nl

Old
  (#7)
kabelgleichung (Offline)

Default 16-01-2007, 10:40

rab_cilbup: I'm looking for exactly the same as you. Which card did you choose? Do you know where I can get such a card (do I have to be a citizen of the netherlands or can everybody get such a card?)

I also do not understand the orange tarif: "Orange World GPRS: € 6.00/month including 2MB" Do I have to pay 6€f for every month, or just the month I use it? I like orange, because I don't have to recharge so often.
If not orange, telfort looks nice. Does anybody know if I can charge online with my creditcard?

Thanks

Last edited by kabelgleichung; 16-01-2007 at 19:29..