PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-10-2007, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by djalqali View Post
I have old UM lichtenstein number, and i'll upgrade in future to UM+. I haven't try to call lichtenstein mobile from voipcheap but in the rate table of voipcheap lichtenstein mobile is present (and i imagine is reacheble).
http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html

Thx very much for the great aid bbob
I still have a lichtenstein UM number, but in the past calling the number using a betamax solution was not possible, also the rates to lichtenstein are to high. Whenever I tried calling the number I sometime got so eastern european speaking person on the phone, next time it would ring but my phone would not ring. For some reason they have problems with lichtenstein mobile.

I have now switched to UM+ and calling +44 is no problem for betamax and you can get low rates, average 10 cents per minute.

Old
  (#12)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-10-2007, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa View Post
bbob, that was very helpful. Until you explained it, I just couldn't see what pbxes was all about.
pbxes is a very strong solution which offers many possibilities. The only problem is that it is a do it yourself solution, which does not make it plug and play.
The is a forum at pbxes but you can only post if you are a paying user (cost 11 euro per month).

The free version has most features activated only difference with the paid version is, only 2 calls are allowed at the same time, no callback, no fax receiption and some other small thing.

But if you get pbxes to work, it's a great solution.

In my situation I use it as my office and home pbx. I have an office in both Holland and Belgium.
I have several DID voip numbers for different countries. Whenever I am at home/office the DID numbers will ring on my normal phone (voip phone). Parallel every call also rings on my mobile (takes about 10 seconds longer to ring tahn the voip phone).
So when in the office I can pickup the phone answer the call. When traveling I can pickup the call with my callphone.

Basicly this is what Yackie and Maxroam are now trying to offer. The difference is that their solution is more expensive and you pay a high price for DID numbers.
Their advantage is that they do all the work for you, forwarding etc, but their system does not offer the option that pbxes has.

Old
  (#13)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-10-2007, 09:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
I still have a lichtenstein UM number, but in the past calling the number using a betamax solution was not possible, also the rates to lichtenstein are to high. Whenever I tried calling the number I sometime got so eastern european speaking person on the phone, next time it would ring but my phone would not ring. For some reason they have problems with lichtenstein mobile.

I have now switched to UM+ and calling +44 is no problem for betamax and you can get low rates, average 10 cents per minute.
I have the same experience with Um mobiles and betamax. Calls to Um did not get through and sometimes I was charged despite the call not being connected.

Old
  (#14)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-10-2007, 09:32

bbob, I tried just now to set this up using IPKall as the DID. Perhaps I didn't do it correctly, but I think it didn't work because IPKall does not offer a true SIP address -- I was using the IP or URL address that the IPKall email said calls would be coming from (voiper.ipkall.com). I could see from the status page that pbxes had logged into VoipCheap, but the IPKall trunk was grayed out.

Do you know whether IPKall numbers can be used as DIDs for pbxes? Alternatively, do you know of any free SIP DIDs?

Old
  (#15)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-10-2007, 10:20

Quote:
bbob, I tried just now to set this up using IPKall as the DID. Perhaps I didn't do it correctly, but I think it didn't work because IPKall does not offer a true SIP address -- I was using the IP or URL address that the IPKall email said calls would be coming from (voiper.ipkall.com). I could see from the status page that pbxes had logged into VoipCheap, but the IPKall trunk was grayed out.

Do you know whether IPKall numbers can be used as DIDs for pbxes? Alternatively, do you know of any free SIP DIDs?
ipkall can be forwarded only to a sip account.

What you can do is open an account at freeworld dialup (fwd) and forward the ipkall numer to that account.

under trunks you than register the fwd account and it should work.

pbxes can somehow also be used to call direct username@pbxes.com or something. I have not tried this but you might want to search the forum at pbxes.

As for the USA, I believe that there are no free DID numbers anymore. Some charge between 2-3$ per month for a number. Ipkall seems to be the last one.

Old
  (#16)
Sebastian (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-10-2007, 10:25

Quote:
It's the other way round: to use IPKall DID you have to have SIP account somewhere else the inbound calls can be forwarded to. A solution which can surely work is to register an account at eg. draytel.org and then use your Draytel account number for "SIP phone number" and draytel.org for "SIP proxy" field. So a call made to your DID will appear as coming from the draytel.org. You then register your draytel.org credentials into pbxes and it should work. You can use any other VoIP provider that peers with ipkall.com though, the only thing I'm not sure whether the IPKall DID is restricted to SIP accounts with numeric usernames.

Old
  (#17)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-10-2007, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
It's the other way round: to use IPKall DID you have to have SIP account somewhere else the inbound calls can be forwarded to. A solution which can surely work is to register an account at eg. draytel.org and then use your Draytel account number for "SIP phone number" and draytel.org for "SIP proxy" field. So a call made to your DID will appear as coming from the draytel.org. You then register your draytel.org credentials into pbxes and it should work. You can use any other VoIP provider that peers with ipkall.com though, the only thing I'm not sure whether the IPKall DID is restricted to SIP accounts with numeric usernames.
My regular landline phone, Lingo, is a SIP number, but I of course don't want all my regular calls going to UM+. Is there a way to forward the IPKall number to my Lingo account, register the Lingo account with pbxes, but then have pbxes divert to UM+ only those Lingo calls that come in on the IPKall line? I'm going to end up with so many accounts I won't be able to keep track of them.

Old
  (#18)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-10-2007, 18:59

No that will not work, it's best te keep a seperate account to forward the IPKall number and have that seperate account registered at PBXes.

Although if you have lingo attached to pbxes and forward ipkall to lingo all lingo calls will be forwarded to your UM+
But you could also login a normal voip phone into the pbxes account.

This means that both lingo and ipkall calls will ring on your voip phone and after 10 seconds on your mobile um+

So when at home you can just answer the phone on your voip and when not at home it will also ring on um+ and you can answer it there.

but if you life in the USa you don't want to answer a um+ phone as the cost for incoming calls will be high.

Old
  (#19)
Grampa (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-10-2007, 21:23

I remembered I had an old FWD account, so I set it up with that. I'm getting a busy signal, but I think I've made some progress because the call monitor does show the call trying to get to the right place. Here is the relevant portion of the monitor log (I hope it formats ok in this window):

Date Time Caller ID Number Destination Trunk Context Duration

2007-10-24 13:02:06 00447937xxxxxx from-internal-cont 0 sec
2007-10-24 13:02:01 00447937xxxxxx from-internal-cont 0 sec
2007-10-24 13:02:00 "my location" "my cell no" 100 fwd.pulver.com ext-local 0 sec

It has the correct caller ID, extension (100), and trunk on the incoming leg. It does not show a trunk on the outgoing leg, but it does correctly identify the destination telephone number. Of course, it's always possible that this is set up correctly, but I'm getting a busy signal because of some problem with UM. When calls go through, I should get the UM voicemail announcement.

How does this look to you?

Edit: I've checked it over a period of time now, and it's always busy. When I dial the number directly (but using VoipCheap), I get through to the UM voicemail announcement. So something in pbxes is not working right. I'll look through the forums and see what I can find. I sense that it's very close -- perhaps something as simple as number format or dial rules.

Last edited by Grampa; 24-10-2007 at 22:17..

Old
  (#20)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-10-2007, 08:45

look at your ring group !

You have an incoming route and in the incoming route you can set this route to ring on a specific extension or on a ring group.

Try ring group first.
Add an normal sip extension and register a voip phone to that extension.
Put this extensiob number in the ring group and also have the incoming route set to this ring group.
Try to call now and see if the phone rings.
If so the next step is to add the pstn extension (which calles your um number)