PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#71)
CptBill (Offline)

Default 07-10-2012, 20:57

anyone knows if fonic offers packages with nano sims?
Last time i visited germany i found in media markt fonic packages (With the number of ur choice) with micro sim ready which was a pleasant surprise.

Old
  (#72)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-10-2012, 23:03

According to a blog entry on their website Fonic offers free replacement of newly bought SIM cards with Nano SIMs but I guess there are still plenty of old SIM cards on shop shelves. So better print out this template and take a pair of sharp scissors with you (but don't carry them in your hand luggage). By the way Fonic also offers a SIM card with even better tariffs under the brand of "Lidl mobile".

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#73)
CptBill (Offline)

Default 08-10-2012, 14:12

thanks inquisitor
On thursday i will be in Munich and i will try my luck to purchase a iphone 5 from the Apple store. If i am lucky enough to find it, then i will switch to nano

Old
  (#74)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-10-2012, 14:44

Germany isn't the cheapest place to buy an iPhone 5 as the following comparison shows: Bildergalerie iPhone im Ausland billiger Bild 1 / 2

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#75)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Address Question - 10-10-2012, 20:55

I am going to buy a couple of Fonic SIMs to replace the ones from Solomo.

When I bought the Solomo SIMs I had them sent to a friend, but I was able to specify a shipping address separately, e.g. " Klaus Schmidt, z. Hd TheMadBrewer..."

From reading Inquisitor's great directions (http://prepaid-wireless-internet-acc...ermany+-+Fonic) it looks the letter will be addressed to the name I use to activate the SIM.

So my question is, should I put in my name or my friends? I guess this is really about Deutsche Post -- will they deliver the letter to my friends house with my name on it? I would rather not activate the SIM under his name -- I have visions of losing my phone/SIM and somebody finds it and does something bad -- and the police come calling on my friend (unlikely, I know, but you get the idea).

Plan B would be to use the hotel address, but I worry the hotel may refuse the letter. I take it there is nothing in the letter I actually need, so it would be OK to tell them to just throw it away?

Yes, I am a worrywart

And I know that the Lidl SIM has some advantages, but I'm arriving in Germany on Saturday and there is no Lidl directly in the area and I might not have time to get to one, which would mean Monday before I could get to it.

Whole bunch of SIMs, mostly dead, some still working...

Old
  (#76)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-10-2012, 06:53

Put the SIM under your name, and make sure there is a sticker with your last name on it on your friends' mailbox, at least temporarily (mail is sorted by last name in Germany rather than by apartment number or similar). If they have a house with a street address all of its own, you might not need to do this, but it's still a good idea.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#77)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-10-2012, 12:40

As Motel75 supposed, either ask your friend to temporarily put your name on his mailbox or call your hotel in advance and tell them that you expect a letter from Fonic which they may litter but which they should accept in any case.

Old
  (#78)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 13-10-2012, 07:33

My friend has a house with a Ferienwohnung on the ground floor. I'll ask him about the sticker, though.

Thanks for the help (Inquisitor -- I gave you a referral way back when, when I bought the Solomo SIMs and I'll do the same for my Fonic)

Old
  (#79)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-10-2012, 14:38

Just an update: I bought and registered 5 Fonic SIMs -- used one pretty extensively for about a week with no problems. And my German friend just emailed me that he has 5 letters for me next time I visit him

Thanks again for all the help.

Old
  (#80)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 25-11-2012, 02:05

Will it possible to buy Fonic Sim before arrival Germany? It will be time saving for short travel period. Because visitors have to find the markets, activate the sim...

Tags
fonic, germany