PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default SMS problems w/ eKit Global Premium (old ver) - 10-06-2009, 19:57

I have noticed a delay of anywhere between 3 and 14 hours when sending SMS from my eKit Global Premium SIM and when it is received by the (US) user.

Also, I noticed the problem when I requested my balance via 187 (in the SIM apps menu). It took between 2 & 16 hours to receive my balance, and since I requested it a few times, I received 4 of them around the same time (delayed).

I am glad that I found out of this & had a backup SIM because I was on a trip recently & needed to get in touch w/ someone & my primary device's battery died before arriving at my destination. Had I replied to a received SMS w/ the eKit SIM, he may not have received the message in time.

Has anyone else had such delays recently?

Old
  (#2)
JDekit (Offline)
DEALER
Amateur Member

Default 19-06-2009, 02:07

Hi Adam917,

I'm the CEO of ekit. We did experience some network problems a bit over a week ago which impacted the speed of SMS delivery. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We beleive this has been rectified, and SMS should now be delivered quickly. If you expereince any delays in future, please let us know, either via this forum or via ekit customer service, so we can it fixed ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback,

JD