PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-02-2013, 19:27

Thanks. I've also ordered a Toggle SIM today. Let's see if it's more reliable than German Lycamobile SIM cards which regularly suffer data outages among other issues (like the unavailability of number imports due to ongoing technical problems).

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#32)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-02-2013, 19:33

The relevant link is not obvious on their web site. See:

https://account.togglemobile.co.uk/F...t.aspx?lang=EN

Old
  (#33)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-02-2013, 19:38

Thanks. I actually struggled to find the order page for their promotional offer and ended up on their Facebook fanpage where I finally discovered the link.

I wonder if it makes a difference with regards to tariffs whether the SIM is ordered through the British or the Dutch page, which disclose slightly different prices due to rounded currency conversion. Will my account now be based on £?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#34)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 11-02-2013, 22:37

the uk card is in gbp. if you topup online you get 10% bonus.
the tariffs for international calls are interestinh - especially as there is no setup fee for each call.
also 3p to german landlines is good for casual callers

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#35)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-02-2013, 19:48

Why does Toggle Mobile not publish its VAT number on its web site in accordance with Regulation 6(1)(g) of the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002? Not even the geographic address is displayed.

Old
  (#36)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-02-2013, 19:53

Good question. At least in their T&Cs there's some info:

Quote:
1.7 Lycamobile: Lycamobile UK Limited (Company Number 05903820) with its registered office located at 3rd Floor, Walbrook Building, 195 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SG.

Old
  (#37)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-02-2013, 10:30

I received two of these SIM cards this week. It's very disappointing that they are full size mini-SIMs (2FF). Why doesn't Toggle supply combination 2FF/3FF SIMs like other operators or even better 4FF nano-SIMs with adapters to enlarge them for those with older phones?

Old
  (#38)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-02-2013, 12:53

I also notice that Toogle are still breaching the European Commission roaming regulations. For example, outgoing calls from Italy and Norway are charged at £0.34/min.

For a UK-based operator, the maximum permitted charge when roaming in Italy is €0.29 x 0.8293 x 1.20 = £0.2885964.

For a UK-based operator, the maximum permitted charge when roaming in Norway is €0.29 x 0.8293 = £0.240497.

Why does Toggle think it doesn't have to comply with the legislation?

Old
  (#39)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-02-2013, 13:54

Mine arrived today, too.

With Internet Explorer 10 (Pre-Release version) I could neither log onto the website nor could I retrieve a new password. Seems like some JavaScript issue. Interestingly customer care advised me to use IE instead of Firefox, which actually worked.

After topping up £10 through PayPal my balance amounted to £11, so I obviously received a bonus for unknown reasons.

The first thing I did was obtaining a German number, which was assigend immediately. However I had to provide my (German) ID card's number - allegedly due to legal requirements (interestingly German providers do not require such) - which has a different format and less characters than those 44 required. I could overcome the problem by entering the last number of my ID (which is a checksum) in the last field and filling up all fields before with opened arrow brackets (<).

I noticed that Switzerland was listed as "Swiss" in the "Register Local Number" menu - a common mistake made by native German speakers due to the resemblance of the German name for Switzerland "Schweiz" with the adjective "Swiss".

Less than five minutes after ordering the German number an OTA update of the SIM card occured on my Nokia 1200 (which in contrast to most modern phones indicates OTA updates). Apparently this OTA updated added the German IMSI.

Now my SIM card has two IMSIs, which can be selected manually through the STK menu. As expected both IMSIs come from Lycamobile's virtual networks using the following MCC/MNC tupals:
234-26 "UK"
262-43 "Germany"

The USSD code *132# does only show my British number. This definitely needs some improvement so all numbers are listed.

Old
  (#40)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-02-2013, 14:11

I notice that in the UK, Toggle is an MVNO on O2; the SIM card causes the O2 network name to be displayed as "TOGGLE MOBILE" and there is no roaming on to other UK networks. This is in contrast to Lycamobile UK, which is an MVNO on Vodafone UK. I wonder why they chose O2 for Toggle but Vodafone for Lycamobile.

Can you roam on to any network in Germany?

Tags
netherlands, toggle