PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Spain Yoigo - Can you buy a sim in shops.... - 15-06-2007, 09:38

or is it online only?

I'm sailing on the Spanish mainland, (Costa del Sol, Alicante area), and The balearics for a month or so and want to get a Yoigo sim for the data connection.

Anyone know if you can walk into a shop and buy a SIM, or can you only do it online?

What kind of personal documentation is required?

Many Thanks

Richard

Old
  (#2)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 16-06-2007, 17:41

You can buy them in any TPH store (http://www.thephonehouse.es). Not sure about identification, price is 20€ including 15€ of credit.

Old
  (#3)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Can you buy a sim in the shops? - 30-06-2007, 11:19

Thanks for the info. Bought one from The Phone Shop in Rota. needed my passport to purchase.... driving licence not acceptable.

Works as described so far.

Old
  (#4)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 03-07-2007, 13:32

i bought one on Ebay 2 weeks ago. I used it in Alicante and Murcia... well a great experience for data service (it's a real flat for 1,20 € / day) but with a strange problem: for using it I had to change network on national roaming!!! On Xsfera 3G network data connections usually were down ... really strange. Anyway they have a crappy coverage and their 3G network is the smaller and worst one... great record for a 3G network

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#5)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-07-2007, 14:03

Does anyone have any experience on buying through their site? I want to get onto the Tarjeta 2 tariff where I don't have the €6 min monthly spend, but it seems to always default onto Tarjeta 1 through there. Where is the option?

Also, as far as I can see, if I already have a SIM from another Spanish operator (i had an old Carrefour one with no credit) and want to keep my number, I can get their starter pack (inc. €20 credit) for €0. Can this really be true?? I clicked through to the option, and it is asking for the SIM identification number. Do they convert your existing SIM into a Yoigo SIM or am I getting this wrong? How does this work?

Old
  (#6)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 04-07-2007, 13:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Does anyone have any experience on buying through their site? I want to get onto the Tarjeta 2 tariff where I don't have the €6 min monthly spend, but it seems to always default onto Tarjeta 1 through there. Where is the option?
Read that http://www.xatakamovil.com/2007/06/2...imo-en-prepago

My Phones:
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#7)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-07-2007, 13:37

So from what I can understand from that they have not been charging the €6 per month if people do not reach that amount. However this will now change and they are starting to charge this.

However, they still have that 2nd tariff where they have higher daytime rates to compensate for no monthly charge. I still do not understand how to go into that though??

Old
  (#8)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 04-07-2007, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landis View Post
You can buy them in any TPH store (http://www.thephonehouse.es).
Carrefour too http://yoigo.blogspot.com/2007/07/st...carrefour.html

http://yoigo.blogspot.com/2007/06/la...r-por-fin.html

My Phones:

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#9)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-07-2007, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA View Post
i bought one on Ebay 2 weeks ago. I used it in Alicante and Murcia... well a great experience for data service (it's a real flat for 1,20 € / day) but with a strange problem: for using it I had to change network on national roaming!!! On Xsfera 3G network data connections usually were down ... really strange. Anyway they have a crappy coverage and their 3G network is the smaller and worst one... great record for a 3G network
I dont know which network it uses when it's in my datacard, (comes up as yoigo). When in my phone it seems to use XFERA.

In the data card it shows that 3G exists, but wont let me select it - The offer is for GPRS only, and that's what you seem to get....... In the absence of anything else, (e.g. the old WIND roaming deal), it's a bargain if only visiting Spain for a short while.

Old
  (#10)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Wink 07-07-2007, 08:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard10002 View Post
I dont know which network it uses when it's in my datacard, (comes up as yoigo). When in my phone it seems to use XFERA.
Ok, anyway when I was in Murcia (downtown!) I had a lot of troubles with XSFERA/Yoigo 3G network... so many troubles that I used the manual selection to... Voda ES

Quote:
In the data card it shows that 3G exists, but wont let me select it - The offer is for GPRS only, and that's what you seem to get....... In the absence of anything else, (e.g. the old WIND roaming deal), it's a bargain if only visiting Spain for a short while.
You're right, but the offer of Yoigo doesn't seem to be only GPRS (that can be crazy, to offer a data option only in national roaming ):

Al navegar en España hasta 1MB pagas 0,0012 €/Kb + IVA y, a partir de 1MB, un precio máximo al dÃ*a de 1,20 € + IVA. http://yoigo.es/tarifas/index.php

But maybe you're right, I never had a connection in 3G (using the right APN etc etc) but this is really strange. Any news from Spanish people?

My Phones:

ITALIAN TLC BLOG