PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Closed Thread

Old
  (#1)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Globalsimcard.co.uk (geosim) update - 07-12-2007, 20:17

Dear GeoSIM Customer

You recently registered for a replacement GeoSIM global SIM card and I am contacting you regarding the likely resumption of service.

Information that I have recently received indicates that a resumption of service should occur in the very near future. Whilst this is not yet confirmed, I anticipate positive news very soon and will contact you when I receive more information.

Once the service is reactivated, your existing SIM should work normally and access to your online SIM Admin account will be resumed. Please note that you are still able to log in to you online "Shopping Account" and edit your details and see the balance on your SIM account.

Please be assured that I am doing all I can to enable you to use your GeoSIM again one way or another. I have you and all of our other customers interests at heart.

I would like to personally thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this difficult time, and apologise for the inconvenience caused. I look forward to being able to report "Normal Service" has resumed, which I anticipate to be very soon.

Yours sincerely

Ed Neal

Managing Director

Bla bla bla, I only read update in the near future but nothing is cetrain. While some other providers have given their customers a new card geosim is still waiting and not giving the customer the choice to wait or to get a different sim.

This is very bad customers service from geosim here and they should just give the customers they choice if he wants to wait to to get a different sim. By not doing so for me this company can't be taken serious anymore as they do not really care about their customers.

Old
  (#2)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-12-2007, 22:51

Actually Geosim is doing a whole lot better than the likes of freeGlobalSim. Their website just shut down and they pretty much do not respond to requests. I have written whatever credit I had with them off.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#3)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-12-2007, 00:20

bbob, it's a bit odd that you choose this moment to make the strongest attack, when the prospects of service coming back have markedly improved recently

If you don't want it any more, then send it to someone else here who does

Old
  (#4)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-12-2007, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
bbob, it's a bit odd that you choose this moment to make the strongest attack, when the prospects of service coming back have markedly improved recently

If you don't want it any more, then send it to someone else here who does
It's not odd. some moth ago I filled in a form on their website to tell that I would be interested in a replacement sim.
Till now they have not come up with an offer for a replacement sim.

The prospects of the service coming online again. Soory but we have heard this so many times now that I really have strong doubts if it will come online again. If it does ok but reamains the fact that customers have been without service for a very long time.

I repeat myself, a serious company would have offered a replacement sim by now and I would have had the choice to take that and sent back the old sim, or wait if the service would ever come back online. It would be my choice than and if it would take 3 more month's it's my choice.

"Please be assured that I am doing all I can" is what the mail says. I don't belive this. Doing all you can is trying your best to offer a replacement. Now there is no choice. I paid for a serivce, have credit on an account but it does not work.

Andy you think these are hard words, there not. but maybe you think it's normal to pay for a service, than the service is offline, your paid account is blocked and you just have to sit back and wait for month's untill maybe something will come back online again.
Doing all you can means simple offering a choice of replacement, easy and simple. Some other companies have done this, others have gone complete offline.

It's only to inform people what they can expect from different providers and when there is a problem they know which one will really help and offer a solution and which one just sits back and let you wait and the ones that just go complete offline.

Old
  (#5)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-12-2007, 19:18

Hi tech companies have a failure rate even greater than restaurants. In the U.S., one or two satellite TV companies shut their doors in past years, leaving customers with expensive useless equipment. Years ago LD carrier on our landlines suddenly shut. No out of pocket loss but a hassle for a day until we switched carriers.
Years ago I was the first in my neighborhood to get DSL. In Ca. you picked your DSL provider and the connection was installed by the phone company. When the provider suddenly went out of business, the phone company wouldn't switch me to another provider (even to themselves) w.o. getting permission from my now defunct DSL company. I simply had the phone company install DSL on a second phone line we had.
The few dollars that someone loses on a defunct card is no big deal. People who whine about that need to get a life.
In the U.S. your old TV will become useless unless your buy a digital converter. Your perfectly good analogue or TDMA phone will become worthless next year.

Bottom line - anyone who buys cutting edge technology or service, especially from a small company, knows they are taking chances. You can protect yourself somewhat by buying small amounts at a time w. a credit card. You have at least some period of time to have the credit card company reverse the charge if the company goes out of business and doesn't deliver.

...mike

P.S. Last March I "crashed" a hi-tech VOIP, cell, phone conference in San Francisco and posted a quote from one of the gurus there that one or more of these intl. SIM providers would be shut down soon. ALthough I did state I didn't know the reason and was purely speculating what woud cause this, moderator Andy said I shouldn't post "rumors". (I did state that I couldn't confirm the statement this one individual made.)
Point is - obviously there are people on the inside who know more about this stuff (both technically and businesswise) than those of us here. The tech sessions there were way above my head.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Last edited by snidely; 08-12-2007 at 19:42..

Old
  (#6)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-12-2007, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
P.S. Last March I "crashed" a hi-tech VOIP, cell, phone conference in San Francisco and posted a quote from one of the gurus there that one or more of these intl. SIM providers would be shut down soon. ALthough I did state I didn't know the reason and was purely speculating what woud cause this, moderator Andy said I shouldn't post "rumors". (I did state that I couldn't confirm the statement this one individual made.)
Point is - obviously there are people on the inside who know more about this stuff (both technically and businesswise) than those of us here.
Yet again the same argument.

You didn't name one company and say it was in financial difficulties [which we now surmise might have been accurate]; you said the free ride or some such similar phrase of most of these operations would soon be drawn to an end. Even above, your wording is would be shut down, the word 'be' switching the grammar from active to passive, changing the party responsible

Both I and someone pointed out that most of the prognosis was a mixture of guesswork and incorrect assumptions about ownership regulatory and tax subsidy issues, and was not similar to the assymmetric Iowa tariffs.

The failure of Callkey is due to Callkey, not an environment that is intrinsically hostile to these possibilities. No territory has ceased to host such arrangements, and 3 or 4 more have opened up since the time of your comments.

The new owners of the remnants of Callkey appear to intend to resume operations; there are other prospective new entrants, and existing operations are hinting at improvements in tariffs and ease of use.

That doesn't quite fit that old scenario that suggested the best of times were about to be behind us.

Last edited by andy; 08-12-2007 at 21:55..

Old
  (#7)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-12-2007, 21:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
The prospects of the service coming online again. Soory but we have heard this so many times now that I really have strong doubts if it will come online again. If it does ok but reamains the fact that customers have been without service for a very long time.
[...]

Andy you think these are hard words, there not. but maybe you think it's normal to pay for a service, than the service is offline, your paid account is blocked and you just have to sit back and wait for month's untill maybe something will come back online again.
bbob, let's put it this way

You've apparently published a private email from the company to its customers, and there is absolutely no indication in what you've written above to suggest that you initiated any contact yourself; you replied to register interest in replacement and that's all from what I can see.

Given that you raised a rhetorical question about 5 weeks ago about the remaining credit, it is rather surprising you've done nothing at all to find out the answer

So the tenets and tone of what you write seem to go over the top. If you had indeed contacted them, and then been either ignored or knocked back, then you'd have some justification for these complaints, like Bossman referred to above in the case of another company which he I and others discussed on another thread.

Now that you've published Globalsim's message though, I can't see anything in it that implies they are trying to deceive you or that they weren't cognisant or appreciative of your position.

I also don't see any reason there or elsewhere to assume that the SIM will never work again or be replaced instead. If the whole matter was totally finished, the message would have been substantially different.

But on the contrary, at the moment the prospects for resumption seem a lot brighter than they have been. Although it's frustrating to you not to know what is happening behind the scenes, you have no reason to discount what the firm has told you and might be patient for just a bit longer. If you want more details, make some effort and contact the company directly

Last edited by andy; 09-12-2007 at 04:24..

Old
  (#8)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-12-2007, 15:06

Andy, Who said I have not had contact in the last few weeks. I did and the only thing said was to wait. Replacement was not possible.

I have registered for a replacement and because of this registration I received a message saying the service will be resumed but when ???

When registering for a replacement the only thing I would like to know is when I get an replacement but maybe you know more than I do, because I did not get an replacement.

I keep repeating myself, it's not my job to keep knocking on the door to ask for replacement for something I and many others paid for. Maybe you find this normal, I don't.
If the company than writes it does all it can, yes that makes me angry because as I said before other companies did offer replacement so they were able to do all they can to keep a customer happy.
Yes some did not and my point here is that new customers should know who they are dealing with when buying a card.
Al least because of this situation we know that some treated their customers very well, replacement and not have the customer wait for an unknow time. Some just make you wait like this example, and others just just don't inform you.

whenever the service comes online again the next question to be answered is, who invests in the service and who can give a certain guarantee that they will not be out of business in 6 month's.
Reliability is a key factor form many people and a forum like this is ideal to inform who is and who is not.

Old
  (#9)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 09-12-2007, 21:15

Quote:
Andy, Who said I have not had contact in the last few weeks.
You did by totally omitting to say so in your posts above.

And also ...
Quote:
Is this call credit owned by callkey or is it owned by the companies that market the cards under their own names. I would guess the last but you never know.
This is obviously not based on communication with the company.

Quote:
Reliability is a key factor form many people and a forum like this is ideal to inform who is and who is not.
Your criticisms have been directed elsewhere too. You discounted all +44 numbered SIMs except one, despite that people here have described their use of others.

You also sneered at the dual IMSI set-up of the vistream-based mvno SIMs as home-made, but obviously haven't used them either or read anything whatsoever about the parent company of vistream.

Kindly follow your own suggestion above and stop posting a mixture of guesswork pessimism and innuendo, and deal in actual facts. You have posted what this company told you, it's echoed by what other resellers and other memberes here have said, and you've produced no reason whatsoever to disbelieve it.

Last edited by andy; 09-12-2007 at 21:24..

Old
  (#10)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 10-12-2007, 04:15

I find Bbob criticism fair. This company along with others is asking its users for 2 months now to wait for the resumption of the service (which is not happening). Other companies immediately offered replacement sims (e.g. Ekit, mycherrymobile). I think this is what I would expect from this company If I had an account with them.

Closed Thread