PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
frayes (Offline)

Default Help renabling Tchibo Dataflat - 10-08-2009, 09:52

I have over 20€ in my account and trying to renable the DATA Flat 10gb plan.

What happened was that I had the dataflat for June, but I never put in more credit for July. Now that I have more money in there, I sms START DATAFLAT and I get this message back:

Tchibo mobil Info: Ihre DATAFLAT Bestellung war nicht erfolgreich. Bitte wenden Sie sich an unsere Kundenbetreuung unter 0179/64242 (5ct/Min).

I tried to call the number but they only speak Deutsche.
Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-08-2009, 10:41

The failing subscriptions of data options by SMS are a known persisting issue with Tchibo. In that case you can only order by phone or maybe by USSD, however I don't know for sure if that works.
Before retrying to reach an English-speaking agent at customer care, you could try the USSD-method:
Just enter *104# into your phone and await a menu to be displayed, then there should be choice of options, where one is for ordering data options.
If you have your Tchibo SIM in a USB-modem, you can send that USSD-command with a tiny tool called MDMA.
If you try the USSD-method please let me know, what exactly is displayed and which numbers you need to chose for the data options, so I can ammend this info to the PWIA wiki.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
frayes (Offline)

Default 12-08-2009, 22:57

I bought another SIM to dedicate for my USB stick but I get the same stupid error.

RIght now I am using the data connection but I think it is charging me by KB

I tried using your ussd method but I keep getting a failure after trying to send the code. I am connected just fine using the program you linked to.

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-08-2009, 23:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayes View Post
I bought another SIM to dedicate for my USB stick...
You are not using Tchibo for voice calls, are you? They're expensive compared to Fonic and others.

Quote:
but I get the same stupid error.
The same SMS when trying to order the DATENFLAT?

Quote:
RIght now I am using the data connection but I think it is charging me by KB
Yes, that is what they bill like unless you order a data option.

Quote:
I tried using your ussd method but I keep getting a failure after trying to send the code.
What kind of error do you get? Were you online while sending the USSD command? You should try send the USSD command only while being offline.

Quote:
I am connected just fine using the program you linked to.
For data sessions I prefer Mobile Partner. I use MDMA only for USSD-operations. Keep in mind that MDMA will only work if Mobile Partner is closed, otherwise Mobile Partner will occupy the ports of your USB modem.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
frayes (Offline)

Default 14-08-2009, 00:27

Quote:
You are not using Tchibo for voice calls, are you? They're expensive compared to Fonic and others.
Well I originally bought the SIM with USB for internet but when it wasn"t working at my old location I started using it on my phone. So everyone has that number now and I kept using it..

Then I bought this second one so I can dedicate to the USB stick

Quote:
The same SMS when trying to order the DATENFLAT?
I might have been sending START DATAFLAT.. Instead of DATENFLAT. Yeah I know that sounds kind of dumb.. I need to top up the sim some more now since its down to like 15 Euro.

Quote:
What kind of error do you get? Were you online while sending the USSD command? You should try send the USSD command only while being offline.
I use your MDMA program, I enter the PIN. First I get a message about my mobil data service is networked locked. You can only use a SIM card from operator 0, blah..

Program says "ready" at the status bar so I know it detects the modem. When I send the code you gave me it pops up "USSD send failed". It does the same when I send *141#.

Thanks man, I'll top up this SIM with another 10. And try sending the message again with no typos. Do you know if I can do it through the BW Bank GeldAutomat? I see an option for O2 network there... does it work for Tchibo??

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-08-2009, 09:36

Why did you try *141#? There's no souch code for Tchibo. You sould try *104#. If that doesn't work from your stick, put the SIM into your phone and try with from there.
Otherwise the only option left is calling customer care until you get some English speaking operator. Actually anyone should understand "I want to order the DATENFLAT tariff".
Yes, topping up from ATM's works for Tchibo if you chose O2, but allthough that option is always displayed after inserting a Maestro card, it might only be accessible for customers of the corresponding bank.

Tags
tchibo, usbstick