PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
dzilins (Offline)

Default 24-06-2006, 20:34

Hello.
Next week I'm going to Sweden. I would like to use Comviq sim card to connect to the internet but I don't know how to configure my mobile. Can someone help me :help:

Old
  (#2)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-06-2006, 21:15

GPRS in Sweden is cheap - with Comviq around 2euro per MB on prepaid. What kind of phone do you have? What type of GPRS? ISP GRPS with TCP/IP connection?

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-06-2006, 09:53

You can send an e-mail to: flersprakig@tele2.se

Anyway, so they say about GPRS:

Quote:
Om du vill konfigurera din dator eller handdator f?r egen hand f?ljer h?r beskrivningar f?r detta.

2G
Om du har ett mobilabonnemang med enbart GPRS s? skall du ange f?ljande inst?llningar f?r fj?rranslutningen:

* Telefonnr: *99#

Om du d?remot har MMS p? ditt abonnemang s? kr?vs det att du anger en APN. Den APN Tele2 anv?nder heter "internet.tele2.se". I de flesta nya telefonmodeller anges denna APN direkt i telefonens inst?llningar, men i vissa fall m?ste du ange initstr?ngen AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.tele2.se" i modemets avancerade inst?llningar. Om denna initstr?ng angetts s? m?ste du anv?nda f?ljande inst?llningar f?r fj?rranslutningen:

* Telefonnr: *99***1#

3G
Har du ett 3G abonnemang s? g?ller f?ljande:

* Telefonnr: * 9 9 #
* APN: internet.tele2.se
I think you can understand Swedish quite easily (it's not that different from German), otherwise Flodis can translate!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#4)
dzilins (Offline)

Default 26-06-2006, 22:35

Quote:
What kind of phone do you have?
I have SonyEricsson K700i. Mayby now you can help me and write settings for Comviq prepaid

Thanks to Effendi I know now that APN is "internet.tele2.se" and the telephone number is *99***1#...I think i need also username and password...but mayby I'm wrong :help:

Quote:
I think you can understand Swedish quite easily
I don't think so...this langiage is very strange to me (as same as German) Thank God that people in Sweden speak English

Old
  (#5)
martin

Default 26-06-2006, 23:11

Hello, I have the same problem witch GPRS connection. Now I know the APN, but I need also user and password. I?m using MDA Compact Palmphone and I think that I don?t need any number, only the APN, User and Pass?Thx :bye2:

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 27-06-2006, 09:33

Wow, Polish invasion on PrepaidGSM, witajcie!

I suppose you don't need any user name and password (like with Wind), just use the APN internet.tele2.se, put the AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.tele2.se" string in the connection properties, *99***1# (or *99#) as dialing number and it should work.

P.S. When I wrote that Swedish was easy for you I didn't notice the Polish flag, for some strange reason I thought you were Austrian... I think I need to go to the optician!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#7)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 27-06-2006, 10:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
Wow, Polish invasion on PrepaidGSM, witajcie!
Cześć, chłopaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
I suppose you don't need any user name and password (like with Wind), just use the APN internet.tele2.se, put the AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.tele2.se" string in the connection properties, *99***1# (or *99#) as dialing number and it should work.
Well, in Polish networks user name and password are required for both GPRS and CSD transfers so the question was somehow justified :unsure:

BTW, I think that at last I must send you all the data settings for Polish SIMs - they are not listed in the instructions supplied with SIMs and it's not so obvious how to configure the phone properly

Old
  (#8)
dzilins (Offline)

Default 04-07-2006, 13:08

Thanks for help guys...i hope it will work