PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
amroe (Offline)
Official Member

Smile New Service from Gt-Sim - 23-07-2009, 14:13

Track Your Global Position :

Now you can check your position worldwide. To enable this service a setup fee of Euro 4,95 will be charged. Each track will be charged at Euro 0.09 cent.

The accuracy will be at 80-500 meter depending on the density of the BTS (signalling stations). To test it you need to make sure your phone is switched on and you have a network signalling.
--------------------

this what i see in my account and there is a link to test it for free , they will give you 3 times for free before you buy it .

Old
  (#2)
cangia (Offline)

Default 23-07-2009, 14:26

If them track the sim the same way they track their deliveries ....

Old
  (#3)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-07-2009, 18:43

If you really don't know where your are, mmm you have a big problem. And what can you really use it for. Just take a gps with you or some modern phones even have one on bord to tell you withing 5 meters where you are.

The only other use is track someone elses phone that you control, your wife maybe, now she can check on you if you are really on a business trip

Old
  (#4)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-07-2009, 19:27

Not much useful in my opinoin. Telna Mobile has the same thing. It pretty much used the last network/country your phone connected to and made or received a call. For excample here is the report from my account on Telna. If you look at the USA row, it shows when I first used it and when I last used it, not neccesary that I was in the US during thet whole time period. They should probably adjust their program/logic.

Your telna Mobile (786) 111-2222

was in USA from Sat, May 30th through Sun, July 5th

was in France from Tue, June 23rd through Wed, June 24th

was in Nigeria from Sat, June 13th through Mon, June 22nd

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#5)
amroe (Offline)
Official Member

Default 04-09-2009, 15:16

but i think its very good , it shows your location at google map , i give my GT-Sim to my family , and the last day in there travel , i used this service and see them in the border without calling them is costs 0.09 euro , and i hope to make it much lower , and about if you don't wont to track you , like your wife , don't give her you user name and password for the GT_Sim account .

Old
  (#6)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 04-09-2009, 19:35

Ekit has an interesting service that's an online Travel Journal that tracks your travel also on a map. It's a way for family and friends to track your trip and read your personal journal and see photos of your destinations.

"Your trip is automatically plotted for you on a map, powered by Google, based on wherever you use your phone from."

"Your map shows images of the places you’ve visited, the local weather and time and links to travel related news.

"Family and friends can see where you are, the local time there and if your phone is on or off."

"They can send you text messages or call you direct from their PC"

ekit, the public demo pages