PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
sakr (Offline)
Official Member

Default Anyone from Norway or with good knowledge of Norwegian mobile-internet? - 10-02-2007, 15:54

Hi!

I'm considering going to Norway for a couple of months. During my stay there I would like to have some mobile internet connection, preferably based on GPRS/EDGE or UMTS (depending on the technology localy available).
I've read sofar a Norwegian pre-paids comparison on http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/norway.html. It seems that the Adecco Cash offer is the cheapest (their price is 6NOK/1MB = 0,75Eur/1MB).
I was wondering if anyone, either from Norway or with good Norwegian mobile internet market knowledge, could advice me a good data offer?
The best offer would be for me some unlimited data tariff (or with a big limit, for example 1 GB) for a fixed price. Because I'll be only visiting Norway for a not defined period of time, only pre-paid solutions are acceptable.
Does anyone have any experience with Norwegian data plans or offers? Do you know any better than Adecco offer?

Greetings!

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-02-2007, 10:32

Consider that those Norwegian pages here on PrepaidGSM are rather old... I have to check them to see if there are news... Anyway with Adecco seems to be only € 0.76/MB for data.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
sakr (Offline)
Official Member

Default 11-02-2007, 11:24

Right, but they are the only one source of information available when you don't know the actual situation on the local market.
Possibly they have launched some new mvno pre-paid offers, but how do I get to know their offer or even brand?
Well, I will have to check out if all the data concerning Norwegian offers is still up to date.
That's why I asked you my "pre-paid gsm forum" friends about your personal experience in this area .

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-02-2007, 09:08

For MVNOs in Norway take a look here:
http://www.telecompaper.com/research...ex.aspx?cc=161

Anyway I took a quick look last night and most of the offers looked unchanged...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-04-2007, 13:26

Any news in Norway on Data? Adecco is still at 6 NOK/MB, does anyone know details like APN Settings, billing etc? Where are Adecco Cards sold, only online or in stores?

Edit: Settings can be found here: https://netcom.no/ota/

Last edited by Landis; 12-04-2007 at 13:33..

Old
  (#6)
sakr (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-04-2007, 13:36

Since I wrote that post I found out that Telenor has an offer of "maximum 50 NOK daily" for data. It means that you're charged 20NOK/1MB, but after exceeding 2,5 MB of data traffic (cost 50NOK) you won't be charged anymore till the midnight. It's a standard offer available to every post-paid and pre-paid customers, but I haven't tried it personally.

Old
  (#7)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-04-2007, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakr View Post
Since I wrote that post I found out that Telenor has an offer of "maximum 50 NOK daily" for data. It means that you're charged 20NOK/1MB, but after exceeding 2,5 MB of data traffic (cost 50NOK) you won't be charged anymore till the midnight. It's a standard offer available to every post-paid and pre-paid customers, but I haven't tried it personally.
Sounds even better. Have you heard of Teletopia? Their Website still says GRPS is free.

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-04-2007, 13:45

Also Netcom has a similar option called DATAmania, with a monthly fee of NOK 25 (about 3 euros) and a max expense of NOK 25 per day you should have unlimited surfing...

About Telenor I don't understand Norwegian very much, but I think our Swedish friend can understand something more...

Quote:
Fri Internett

Ubegrenset bruk av Mobilt Bredbånd og WAP for en fast pris per måned

Med Fri Internett kan du koble mobilen til PC-en og surfe på mobilt bredbånd så mye du vil for en fast pris per måned. I tillegg har du fri bruk av WAP.

Se brukerveiledningen til din mobiltelefon for å finne ut hvordan du kobler mobilen til PC-en. Oppkoblingshastighet avhenger av telefonmodell. Høyest hastighet får du med en 3G-mobil.

Fri Internett er for deg som bruker mobilt bredbånd mer enn 10 dager i måneden. Dersom du bare trenger oppkobling til mobilt bredbånd en gang i blant, koster det aldri mer enn kr 50 pr. dag når du befinner deg i Norge.

Priser

Kr 549,-/måned. Inkluderer fri bruk av Internettoppkobling og WAP i Norge
fast pris per måned means fix price per month, if I'm not wrong and it seems Kr 549,-/month which is almost 70 euros... but it talks also of those 50 NOK per day...
Anyway the page is this one: http://telenormobil.no/priser/tjenester/gprs/

Old
  (#9)
sakr (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-04-2007, 13:50

I have heard of Teletopia and even tried to contact them... I suggest you to forget about them. They didn't reply to me and after that, on an Norwegian forum I got to know that their service quality is very poor. Have you also noticed, that their offer of free GPRS has expired now and it's not certain if they have expanded that?
I also have doubts if their offer was valid also outside their network, while using national roaming.

My information concerning Telenor maximum 50NOK offer is about 2 months old. I'm not sure if it's still valid.

Old
  (#10)
Landis (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-04-2007, 14:02

@Effendi
If I understand it correcty it says that you can either get a fixed rate for 549 NOK or pay a max. of 50 NOK per day. It doesn't say if these prices apply for PrePaids aswell.