PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-09-2009, 17:02

yes, there is now a balance, although I never received information about it, and I still cannot create a USA or any other country 2nd number for that matter. "this will be fixed soon"

I'll report more later.

Old
  (#32)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-09-2009, 17:11

That's a relief! Everything you said so far, seems to suggest this product works just like MaxRoam.

Old
  (#33)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-09-2009, 23:14

I am surprised these folks are able to offer forwarding of their sim card to some countries for free. It's no longer an option on maxroam's website. Is forwarding an option when you log into your account, and does it actually work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
yes, there is now a balance, although I never received information about it, and I still cannot create a USA or any other country 2nd number for that matter. "this will be fixed soon"

I'll report more later.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#34)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-09-2009, 22:29

couple updates. The card is working, but I haven't actually connected any calls from it. Yet, my balance goes down? Not sure what that is about. I HOPE it isn't for checking balance from the phone, which is an SMS and is currently the ONLY way to check balance. Even though the FAQ says, check balance online, there is no facility for it.

I am still waiting for a USA number, there is currently NO FACILITY for getting DID's I have tried for over a week. I DO get calls backs from their 24/7 support, but there is no information or success to it. MAYBE this week, hopefully, it will happen.

I also haven't received any responses about the billing issue listed above from anyone, that was about a week ago I requested some confirmation of what/why I was charged what.

Haven't tried call quality, I'll be on the continent tomorrow now and will test a few calls.

Old
  (#35)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-09-2009, 23:59

Did you answer any of the callbacks by any chance? Maxroam charges as soon as the callback is answered. It does not matter if you call a totally invalid number or even a busy number. Since this sim is just a maxroam rebrand, that may well be what is happenng. If eh callback was answered.

Quote:
couple updates. The card is working, but I haven't actually connected any calls from it. Yet, my balance goes down? Not sure what that is about. I HOPE it isn't for checking balance from the phone, which is an SMS and is currently the ONLY way to check balance. Even though the FAQ says, check balance online, there is no facility for it.

Old
  (#36)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default no, i don't think so - 08-09-2009, 14:29

No, I don't think I answered any. At least I know I didn't answer them, but not sure if the system thinks I did. There is nothing showing up in the call activity, so I hope that means it would register calls.

Old
  (#37)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-09-2009, 14:33

Same thing with my maxroam sim. Nothing shows in call activity for answered callbacks. But you do get charged for them. I read in some thread that maxroam plans on doing away with the charge though.

Quote:
No, I don't think I answered any. At least I know I didn't answer them, but not sure if the system thinks I did. There is nothing showing up in the call activity, so I hope that means it would register calls.

Old
  (#38)
FBlack_111 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 08-09-2009, 14:40

Bossman:

So with a Maxroam or Searoam SIM you cannot change your mind after dialing a call and you still get charged at the callback?

With my Ekit SIM after you dial you can accept or reject the callback. And if you accept the callback, a voice tells you how long you can talk. And you can still then cancel and pay nothing.

Old
  (#39)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-09-2009, 14:53

No. With maxroam (same as celtrek), once you answer the callack you will be charged. So, for example, if you call a totally invald number that does not even exist, a number that is busy, or you hangup after answering the callback, you will still get charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack_111 View Post
Bossman:

So with a Maxroam or Searoam SIM you cannot change your mind after dialing a call and you still get charged at the callback?

With my Ekit SIM after you dial you can accept or reject the callback. And if you accept the callback, a voice tells you how long you can talk. And you can still then cancel and pay nothing.

Old
  (#40)
tivoboy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-09-2009, 18:39

I wonder if this is because the "call" is actually triggered with an SMS SEND, and they need to charge for that? I seem to be charge between .25 and .30$ for an answered call back, but no answer or pickup at all on the other end.

Tags
maxroam, searoam