PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
BLC (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-03-2010, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by luliolox View Post
Okay, so now i am having a bit of trouble translating the page.

I am wondering if anyone might be able to help me understand what configurations I will need to use for the Apple Iphone 3g to work with Wind.

1. I understand I need to set the APN to internet.wind (no username / password).

2. I am unsure if I need to follow these instructions for email? I want to access my Yahoo mail. Will I have to do anything special for that?

3. I do not believe I need MMS or Modem.

4. On the MMS page there is this notice "Nota: le impostazioni riportate sono valide solo per i terminali con aggiornamento
firmware 3.0" I am unsure if that means it's good or bad to have firmwire 3.0.
Would there be any issues using the latest Software Update 3.1 on my Iphone 3g?

5. I could not find much more information about configuring the Iphone3g. There wasn't anything about sending the text 'gprs si' / or activating GPRS as mentioned in above post. So does that mean I don't need to worry about it?

I know, I have so many questions. If anyone could clear any up, that would be so so so helpful!

Or, I'd appreciate a point towards any information in English that explains everything I need to do to set up the Iphone 3g properly.

Thanks
Don't know anything about an iphone but with my old Motorola Z8 once the APN was set and I had activated the data plan everything just worked. I use gmail and there was nothing else to do. I could also go to webmail with my provider in Canada and get my messages. The only problem is in our village we don't have 3g so everything is a bit slow.

Old
  (#12)
luliolox

Default 24-03-2010, 19:26

Thanks BLC! I'm starting to think that it might just work with Iphone too, well if I just set the APN. I have found a few posts from iPhone users, with a few tips, but they really only ever mention changing APN. So I hope that it will work! I will keep searching and see if I find anything though, just to be sure.

Thanks again, you have been really helpful.

Old
  (#13)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-03-2010, 16:16

You just need the APN, that's all, nothing to configure.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#14)
luliolox

Default 25-03-2010, 17:04

Wonderful! Thank you SO much Effendi. I can scrap my just-in-case notes! Thanks!