PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-10-2012, 15:49

But will they accept orders from different people all paying with the same bank card? Usually this will make the fraud prevention system ring the alarm bells and refuse consequent payments through this bank card.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#22)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-10-2012, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
But will they accept orders from different people all paying with the same bank card? Usually this will make the fraud prevention system ring the alarm bells and refuse consequent payments through this bank card.
I don't believe that merchants are allowed to store card details after the transaction has been authorised; at least that's what merchants tell me very often. The more likely fraud prevention hurdle would be at the bank's end, and that can be more easily overcome.

Old
  (#23)
janyyc (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-10-2012, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFH View Post
I don't believe that merchants are allowed to store card details after the transaction has been authorised; at least that's what merchants tell me very often. The more likely fraud prevention hurdle would be at the bank's end, and that can be more easily overcome.
+1 I agree. And since it's a debit card not a credit card it should be even less of a problem.

SIMs:
Prepaid
CA: SpeakOut PL: Orange IT: Vodafone (2) JP: b-mobile data-only DE: Vodafone

Old
  (#24)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-10-2012, 16:14

I'm considering a French-issued prepaid Visa or MasterCard instead, for example La Banque Postale's "Carte Cadeau", which has a purchase fee of €10 compared to my French bank's debit card annual fee of €40. The French seem remarkably accepting of paying fees for any type of plastic bank card, which would completely deter customers in most other countries.

Old
  (#25)
janyyc (Offline)
Official Member

Default 12-10-2012, 17:56

Ça serait super!! Merci!

SIMs:
Prepaid

Old
  (#26)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-10-2012, 11:47

So far we have 7 of us, including two friends of mine outside this forum. It's going to be awkward for me to ask friends in France to receive and forward so many items addressed to different people. I'm therefore thinking of using a mail forwarding service. For example, I found French Office which would cost €9.40 for one month including two onward forwardings. I'm keen to keep the costs down but hopefully we can find more participants to spread the cost. Any more ideas on this would be welcome.

Old
  (#27)
janyyc (Offline)
Official Member

Default 13-10-2012, 14:59

Thanks for spending time and trying to help!!

SIMs:
Prepaid

Old
  (#28)
janyyc (Offline)
Official Member

Default 13-10-2012, 17:13

The forwarding option would be good. Or your friends could just send all the packages to you and then you distribute.

SIMs:
Prepaid

Old
  (#29)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-10-2012, 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyyc View Post
Or your friends could just send all the packages to you and then you distribute.
They're more like friends of friends. It is asking a bit much to expect them to receive mail at their home address for lots of people they've never heard of. That's why some kind of forwarding option has become necessary.

Old
  (#30)
janyyc (Offline)
Official Member

Default 13-10-2012, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFH View Post
They're more like friends of friends. It is asking a bit much to expect them to receive mail at their home address for lots of people they've never heard of. That's why some kind of forwarding option has become necessary.
Got it.
I'm also trying my people in France to see if I could get anything done. Even just the address perhaps.

SIMs:
Prepaid