PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
akraus88 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-01-2011, 04:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post
If you are a power traveller (like me), and want to use T-Mobile USA UMA all over the world, for no additional costs, you can get unlimited international data add on from Verizon for $69 a month to any phone plan, but, you have to have at least the $29 a month domestic data plan. You can then buy a GSM MiFi, like the MiFi 2372. You stick the Verizon SIM (given for international use) into the Mifi when you're away, and, you use it as a mobile hotspot, wherever you are, and, use UMA from your T-Mobile phone, connecting to the MiFi hotspot via WiFi.. The nice part is, you can cancel and reactivate the Verizon international data plan, pro-rated, before you leave, and, when you return. So, in effect, to be international 80 days a year, would end up costing you about $160, with unlimited 3g data. Since you also need to have the $29 a month domestic data always in place, it would make sense to get a Verizon Android phone, and, use the mobile hotspot feature domestically.

PS - I believe Verizon is the last US carrier to offer unlimited international data
Are/were you sober when you wrote the above post?, there is NO unlimited international data plan anywhere, the only plan-Blackberry unlimited worldwide that was available, has also been stopped since around Jan. 15.

Old
  (#2)
jeffharris (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 25-02-2011, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraus88 View Post
Are/were you sober when you wrote the above post?, there is NO unlimited international data plan anywhere, the only plan-Blackberry unlimited worldwide that was available, has also been stopped since around Jan. 15.
Yes, I was sober. I actually have the AT&T unlimited Blackberry international data plan, that ceased in June 1 of last year. I have never used it in a Blackberry, and, have enjoyed unlimited data everywhere for the past 4 years (Japan, Hong Kong, all of Europe, Australia) by simply using the wap.Cingular APN.

I walked into a Verizon store 2 weeks ago (in Los Angeles), and, they again confirmed unlimited international data (on Blackberries, and also possibly any phone) is an additional $69 a month. But, wiht the knowledge of the APN, you can use it on a mifi, or other router type device. Also I believe Sprint has an unlimited plan. Yes, I believe they will cease as well, but, theyre good to get while the bettongs good.