PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
international (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Betamax/Rynga (VoipCheap, VoipBuster, etc.) no caller ID? - 24-07-2012, 11:48

Previously the caller ID worked pretty well but now I can't make it work. I set the caller ID on but to no avail. What's the problem? Do you experience similar errors?

They don't have any customer service, do they? I use Rynga from the Betamax family.

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-07-2012, 12:11

Have you tested different destinations? From my observation Dellmont (formerly known as Betmax) have a pretty dynamic routing which makes use of unused capacity from carriers around the world who sometimes don't present the caller ID you've set but instead none or one from their own network none (often from countries like Russia or China). Also I've seen calls to Eastern European mobile networks to be terminated through GSM gateways/SIM boxes (which is illegal). I don't say they deliberatly use such illegal methods but probably their wholesalers do.
That said these caller ID issue usually apply only to certain destinations and are only temporary.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
international (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-07-2012, 10:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Have you tested different destinations?
Do you mean to call a different country?

Quote:
Also I've seen calls to Eastern European mobile networks to be terminated through GSM gateways/SIM boxes (which is illegal). I don't say they deliberatly use such illegal methods but probably their wholesalers do.
That said these caller ID issue usually apply only to certain destinations and are only temporary.
So I wait and it will resolve? It's like this for months...

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 31-07-2012, 12:12

Yes, I mean a different country or in case of a mobile network another mobile network. But the problem persists for that long you should contact customer care.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
international (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-08-2012, 17:51

Quote:
Yes, I mean a different country or in case of a mobile network another mobile network. But the problem persists for that long you should contact customer care.
OK. Do they have customer care? Do they reply to anyone? I tried it before but to no avail.

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 04-08-2012, 17:54

They have but they rarely reply. You need to contact them through the contact form hidden somewhere on their website.

Old
  (#7)
international (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 27-08-2012, 21:41

Does Dellmost (formerly Betamax) have an official support forum?

OK, they replied in email and basically they said that's the service, caller ID just does not work for some places. It sucks.

Old
  (#8)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-08-2012, 08:17

which country are you calling to? I currently have no issues with Caller ID on Betamax/Finera (mostly calling to Canada, Thailand and Estonia)

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#9)
9eor9 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default no problems - 22-09-2012, 18:33

I use Rynga and Dialnow since years to and from France, England, India, Switzerland, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Italy, Poland, Austria, USA and I cannot remember any issues regarding the caller ID since ages.

Old
  (#10)
international (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-09-2012, 18:57

The caller ID works again! Strange but nice. I tried Romania!