PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-03-2012, 22:18

@1040
Actually OK Mobile did not only change their tariffs with the introduction of the "22/15" tariff in November 2011 but they also switched their supplier. While the original OK mobile prepaid SIM was based directly on Orange Switzerland's network their new "22/15" SIM is based on the MVNO "Talk Easy". Talk Easy also use the Orange network but run their own billing platform and customer care. This means you cannot switch from the old to the new tariff as the SIMs come from two different companies despite using the same network. In any case Orange is the worst network in Switzerland as its current owner France Telecom had been trying to get rid off it for quite a while and in the meantime has neglected the network so it lacks EDGE support and 3G performance is also subpar. Orange was finally sold to the British investment company Apax two weeks ago.

Depending on how long you stay and much data volume you need I'd recommend either a Swisscom Natel Easy BeFree SIM which gives you unlimited internet access at CHF 4.00/day or a Sunrise go dayflat SIM for which there's the "Sunrise surf" option giving you 250MB for CHF 7.50/month or a Lebara SIM (also using the Sunrise network) offering 150MB for CHF 4.90/month and quite cheap international calls (e.g. Netherlands for CHF 0.19/min with the Lebara Simply tariff)

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#12)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-03-2012, 23:46

True, I used Swisscom and the coverage and speed was amazing :O Real Swiss quality They had HSDPA in pretty much every train tunnel I passed through!

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#13)
Ashed (Offline)

Default 04-04-2012, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Depending on how long you stay and much data volume you need I'd recommend either a Swisscom Natel Easy BeFree SIM which gives you unlimited internet access at CHF 4.00/day
Hi inquisitor,

What's the price of a Swisscom NATEL® Easy BeFree SIM card?
On their website, it says that you get unlimited Internet for CHF 4 a day, unlimited calls for CHF 3 and unlimited text for 1. Does that mean it will be CHF 8 per day or can you choose one of the three?

Old
  (#14)
Gabbai (Offline)

Default 04-07-2012, 07:55

If you mainly want calls take the Sunrise 1 CHF Day Flat. You can make as many calls to land-lines and Sunrise subscribers as you want. Combine that with a Cheap International Calls | Localphone account, which has a Swiss land-line access number, and you can call worldwide for next to nothing. Sunrise also have an Internet plan, but I am not familiar with it. There are Sunrise stores all over including Zurich Airport. Recharging is available all over the place in stores [Migros] bankomats, stations etc. as well as online. You have to use the account at least once every 18 months. The Swiss Post Ofice is often the best place to buy phones with a SIM card and credit included. The bundle deals are usually very good. There is also a Post office in the airport. You will need a passport to get a SIM.

Old
  (#15)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-07-2012, 01:31

Quote:
@1040
Actually OK Mobile did not only change their tariffs with the introduction of the "22/15" tariff in November 2011 but they also switched their supplier. While the original OK mobile prepaid SIM was based directly on Orange Switzerland's network their new "22/15" SIM is based on the MVNO "Talk Easy". Talk Easy also use the Orange network but run their own billing platform and customer care. This means you cannot switch from the old to the new tariff as the SIMs come from two different companies despite using the same network. In any case Orange is the worst network in Switzerland as its current owner France Telecom had been trying to get rid off it for quite a while and in the meantime has neglected the network so it lacks EDGE support and 3G performance is also subpar. Orange was finally sold to the British investment company Apax two weeks ago.

Depending on how long you stay and much data volume you need I'd recommend either a Swisscom Natel Easy BeFree SIM which gives you unlimited internet access at CHF 4.00/day or a Sunrise go dayflat SIM for which there's the "Sunrise surf" option giving you 250MB for CHF 7.50/month or a Lebara SIM (also using the Sunrise network) offering 150MB for CHF 4.90/month and quite cheap international calls (e.g. Netherlands for CHF 0.19/min with the Lebara Simply tariff)
Hi inquisitor,
May I know that the APN for Swisscom prepaid sim card? And, this sim card can be used in Huawei mifi? Besides, Swisscom just provide day plan only? No weekly plan? Will the Swisscom staff helping for the SIM card activation? Thanks a lot.
Kimdo

Old
  (#16)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-07-2012, 11:20

No need to double-post your questions, which I have already answered here.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#17)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-07-2012, 15:38

Quote:
No need to double-post your questions, which I have already answered here.

Sorry about that

Old
  (#18)
papeti01 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-08-2012, 11:55

Cuold you please offer me a prepaid to switzerland. We will go for two weeks, to look for a job, and we need one Swiss phone number.
I checked swisscom, but is it only for residentals?
Which is the best prepaid? If it contains internet, it would be great!!!

Thanks,
Peter

Old
  (#19)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-08-2012, 17:45

I am planning to get a Swiss prepaid SIM in Geneva on Monday. The best deal seems to be Orange, who charge CHF 2 per day for data, or you get 7 days' free data if you top up by CHF 10. Their standard minute rate includes calls to landlines and mobiles not only in Switzerland but also in most of Western Europe.

Does anyone know what Orange Switzerland's expiry policy is on prepaid SIM cards? Do I need to top up periodically or is chargeable usage sufficient?

Swisscom seems the most expensive, followed by Sunrise. I'm slightly dubious about Orange because often the lowest price means the worst coverage (like Three in the Uk for example).

Old
  (#20)
NFH (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-08-2012, 19:28

I bought an Orange CH SIM card from an Orange shop for CHF 10 including CHF 10 of credit. The expiry policy is 12 months from the last top-up (minimum CHF 10). Data is CHF 2 per day and I used 200MB over two days, getting my money's worth! Data speeds were around 6Mbps downstream and 3Mbps upstream. The SIM card enabled tethering on my iPhone, which has even remained enabled after putting my Orange UK SIM card back in. I encountered no coverage problems in the Geneva and Lausanne area. Calls are charged in one minute increments which is total a rip-off. There is full itemisation of usage when logging into the Orange CH web site, including every data session.