PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
svenn (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Simcards with unlimited Data - 05-06-2018, 07:36

Hello

Here is a list with Simcards with unlimited Data which sounds very good.

I got this for myself: https://www.bnesim.com/store/bnesim-...ope-unlimited/

It workes very well. I definitly can recommand it.

https://www.mtxc.eu/fr/index.html This offer sounds also very well.

Which simcards with unlimited data do you know?

Old
  (#2)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-06-2018, 08:23

Hi Svenn.

You are now opening the 2nd new thread about the BNE SIM card.
User reports about this SIM are very mixed indeed.

It tastes all a bit like product placement. BNE uses only the network of o2 in Germany. This network is - as you will probably know - one of the worst in Europe when it comes to 4G/LTE. Only 66% area coverage and low speeds under 3G standards by overcrowding in some cities. So how can a roaming SIM card work "very well" on a network which simply isn't?

I mean, I really like their offer. It's good that finally Asian providers (BNE is from Hong Kong) give out good roaming options too. But their focus is clearly on limited national packages that you have to activate.
The "unlimited" version for Europe and Asia (which is in fact limited to 100GB, but this is almost the same) is a nice once-off feature. We've only learned after asking multiple questions that this plan can only be activated once on new SIM cards and so far can't be extended beyond this one month.

So, obviously they may offer a good option for a once-off use of one month, but not for continuous roaming for which you will need to buy a new SIM card every month.
I think it would be much more helpful and informative for the readers to collect all pros and cons of this SIM in one thread than to start another one about it.

When it comes to "unlimited" in roaming - no provider offers this right now without strings attached. Every SIM card in roaming has some sort of a FUP, throttle or other limitation in place. The financial risk of using unlimited high-speed data is too high for roaming providers up to now. BNE gives 100GB, others may give less, but offer unlimited data capped at somewhat lower speeds. The buzzword "unlimited" has been so flawed by the industry, that I really recommend not to use it anymore. At least as long as you don't specify, what you really mean by "unlimited". We in Germany had the same problem with the term "flatrate", before courts stopped providers from using it for rates which were not so "flat" after all. When it comes to "unlimited", any possible open data package can have this label attached.

Last edited by wolfbln; 05-06-2018 at 08:47..

Old
  (#3)
svenn (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-06-2018, 08:32

Yeah i would like to collect the Simcards which offer this Feature "unlimited" data.

That's the reason why i opend this thread.

https://prepaidsim.twgate.net/index_en.html Taiwan

Thailand: http://www.ais.co.th/travellersim/

singapore: https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/p...ouristsimcards

Old
  (#4)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-06-2018, 10:11

Yeah. You simply don't seem to understand.
There are no unlimited roaming SIM cards on the market. It's a hoax of the industry. Many SIM cards advertise as unlimited, but in fact are not.
Unless you apply the label "unlimited" to any open data allowance on a SIM card.

Let's check your proposals:
1.) BNE SIM card: "unlimited" in Europe. Limited to a 100GB FUP. This is may be called almost unlimited, but you can't restart/renew "unlimited" for an additional month.

2.) AIS Traveller SIM: "unlimited" up to a certain limit of max. speed, throttled beyond. SIM is very hard to maintain as validity is severly limited on Thai SIM cards. You essentially need to top it up every month to keep it alive.

3.) MTX Connect: They offer an "unlimited" day rate. It's not clear how they restrict access. Their T&Cs give a lot of room for speculation: 'if per-day plan doesn’t contain data usage cap it is considered an “unlimited” plan.' But does this mean unlimited at max. speed? Connection in the US is to Sprint (!) network only and in China to China Telecom (!) only which are mostly CDMA-networks not compatible with 95% of devices sold worldwide.

4.) The hi! Tourist SIM card of Singtel: It gives really 100GB in Singapore on the Singtel network. I checked that. But these are local data of a local network, not roaming data. There are local SIM cards in many markets giving endless or almost endless local data ....

5.) Taiwanese Tourist SIM cards: Most "airport plans" for tourists in Taiwan give out unlimited data indeed. But again these are local data, not roaming data. To offer unlimited data on a national plan is not so unusual.

What I want to show is, that it doesn't make sense to compile such a list as long as you don't mention the restrictions. They are still so severe, that they are very likely to kill the offer for most interested users. By just dropping names and not telling these limits, you are fooling the user.

And these limits can be very well hidden indeed. Take for example T-Mobile's US roaming plan for many countries giving out "unlimited" roaming in 140+ countries. But their "unlimited" is throttled to 2G speeds from the start. Furthermore, they monitor your consumption and your domestic US usage must be higher that in international roaming...

I still think, it only makes sense to have a list like this when we tell the full truth about the offers, because "unlimited" is not really unlimited most of the time.

Last edited by wolfbln; 05-06-2018 at 10:23..

Old
  (#5)
svenn (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-06-2018, 15:17

Ok I understood