PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
callfan (Offline)
Official Member

Default Top-up a T-Mobile UK Pay as you go SIM Card abroad - 02-02-2007, 18:14

Hi!

I've got a problem: yesterday I received a T-Mobile sim card, without any credit.
Now I'd like to topup it, but the customer care tells me that I have to go to UK and buy a voucher. If I don't topup my account in 6 months, they deactivate it.

What could I do, now?

Thanks guys!

callfan

Old
  (#2)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-02-2007, 19:49

I had the same problem with O2. The eBay seller that sold me the SIM card was willing to buy me a top-up credit so I went about it that way. You can also buy top-up cards on eBay outright through auction listings.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#3)
callfan (Offline)
Official Member

Default 02-02-2007, 21:01

Yes, I could buy top-up voucher on eBay, but I'm not sure it's a good thing.
I don't trust so much eBay sellers...

Old
  (#4)
Malkav (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-02-2007, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by callfan View Post
Hi!

I've got a problem: yesterday I received a T-Mobile sim card, without any credit.
Now I'd like to topup it, but the customer care tells me that I have to go to UK and buy a voucher. If I don't topup my account in 6 months, they deactivate it.

What could I do, now?

Thanks guys!

callfan

you could try calling up cust services to register a credit card and see if they accept that as payment?

failing that send them you address see if they will send you an etop up card, assuming you can use those in italy!

Current networks: Orange 3g UK, 3 pay monthly, Virgin pay as you go UK, 3UK payg, Tesco payg, Asda mobile

Active phones: Blackberry Torch (02), Google Nexus one (Vodafone)
Inactive Sims: Oskar Czech R, BT Genie Pay as you go UK.

Spare (unused phones)
NEC 616, Ericsson t68/i, Nokia 3310, Sendo m550, Mototorola v66i, Motorola a1000.lg u880, Sony Ericsson t230. Orange spv m5000, Samsung z400, Motorola SLVR (Red)!, lobster tv700, spv m700, prada phone, motorola l7e, Skype phone, siemens sl65, blackberry 8810, Nokia 6500 slide X2.

Old
  (#5)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-02-2007, 02:42

Quote:
Yes, I could buy top-up voucher on eBay, but I'm not sure it's a good thing.
I don't trust so much eBay sellers...
That's what feedback ratings are for.

Find someone with a 100% positive rating (or at least high 99-point-something) with at least 50 positive feedback and the risk is near-zero. I've bought lots of stuff off eBay.

If you see someone with a 96.3% rating, they annoy a lot of customers, so avoid them.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#6)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-02-2007, 14:58

All my virgin UK topups were bought on ebay-UK without any problems. Usually at a discount too.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#7)
callfan (Offline)
Official Member

Default 03-02-2007, 17:19

What kind of discounts??

Old
  (#8)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-02-2007, 17:24

I meant a discount off the face value of the card. For example, I have never paid more than 17.50 pounds for a 20 pound topup voucher. This is the card that I use for my GPRS access while travelling (primarily because they charge the same 5 pounds/meg roaming or not), so I have had to buy quite a number of vouchers on ebay.

Quote:
What kind of discounts??

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#9)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-02-2007, 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkav View Post
you could try calling up cust services to register a credit card and see if they accept that as payment?

failing that send them you address see if they will send you an etop up card, assuming you can use those in italy!
The credit card method would depend on whether they will accept foreign ones, but I assume that was already tried on the website.

It looks like e-top up might work, and there is probably one sent with the SIM(but how many T-mobile logos will you see?)

"You can use your E-top up card in Spain, Ireland, Greece, Italy and Portugal. Just look out for the E-top up logo and the T-Mobile logo. "

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/personal/p...ay-by-e-top-up

- but registering the e-top-up card to the phone might be tricky - it says dial 150, but did that work from abroad? If you need to call them again and if it is cheaper to a landline, +441707315000 and ask to be transferred to the call centre

Old
  (#10)
callfan (Offline)
Official Member

Default 03-02-2007, 18:55

No, the Etopup card is in the pack, with sim card. I've already got it. Or, i think it's the pink card with t-mobile logo. Or not?

If it's that, it's ok, but I've never seen "the E-top up logo and the T-Mobile logo" in an italian shop!

Last edited by callfan; 03-02-2007 at 23:27..