PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Angry Callkey Manx-based SIMs completely offline no calls possible - 29-09-2007, 08:16

http://www.globalsimcard.co.uk/contact.php

Service Advisory

28/09/07 19:00 BST

GeoSIM has been advised by the service provider that the system is currently non-operational from the perspective of SIM's (web calls are not affected nor is access to the backoffice) and that they are working on resolving the issues. They advise that it will not be possible to complete any form of resolution until Monday. They will be issuing a further bulletin at 12 Noon (BST) on Monday 1st October.

GeoSIM was not advised of any scheduled outage by the service provider and we are endeavouring to seek further information at this time.

Although GeoSIM has no control over the outage we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and disruption that this will cause. Please be assured we are doing what we can to find out what the problem is and resolve it as soon as possible.

Further information will be posted on this page when available.

Do other manx card still work or is this the only one that is offline ?

Old
  (#2)
navinkv (Offline)

Default 29-09-2007, 14:06

even i am having the same problem.. i cant access any network.. says access denied.
any 1 able 2 can access the network?

Old
  (#3)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-09-2007, 14:51

Seams like some major problem when the system is offline this long. I hope they can resolve this issue a.s.a.p as being offline this long makes me think about the reliability of this card.

I was in the netherlands yesterday evening, no network login possible. I did see 3 networks today but no access allowed.

Old
  (#4)
GSM_student (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Doubts - 29-09-2007, 16:05

The problems come already from the last week. Some SIM didn't receive the calls. Sure that it is not good stopped at all, but maybe they maybe fix it at all.
But I have one doubt. When it happens, happens in all IOM SIM or it is a exclusive GEO-SIM problem?
Because what I read in the forum is that all IOM use the same carrier. Is it true?

Like the GT-SIM use the same carrier because the numbers is similar, services are similar, even the suport, balance, voicemail all is the same.

Thanks

Last edited by GSM_student; 29-09-2007 at 16:18..

Old
  (#5)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 29-09-2007, 18:13

This outage will affect all IOM cards using the same service provider/carrier as GeoSIM.

Last edited by MrEd; 29-09-2007 at 18:19..

Old
  (#6)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 29-09-2007, 19:15

I have an ekit sim (uses Manx network). It does not work at this time. It does register on one of the available networks only. If I dial the ekit number from local providers, I get the number does not exist. I can not make outgoing calls. I did send an sms to the ekit sim but it did not arrive.
So it is not functioning.

Old
  (#7)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 29-09-2007, 22:29

I too have an ekit SIM forwarded to another mobile. I have been trying to call it and keep getting the 'the number you have called is not available message'. I got worried thinking maybe it's been too long since I topped up etc. Had a look at their website, and there is absolutely no mention of an outage! Very annoying. I should have known that I should have come here first! PPgsm always one step ahead!

Old
  (#8)
ls129 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 29-09-2007, 23:45

I have a freeglobalsim card (IOM number) and it stopped working yesterday.
when i switch on the phone it detects the usual 3 operators but then fails to register with any of them.

Old
  (#9)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 30-09-2007, 01:24

Same here...freeGlobalSim will not register on tmobile or AT&T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls129 View Post
I have a freeglobalsim card (IOM number) and it stopped working yesterday.
when i switch on the phone it detects the usual 3 operators but then fails to register with any of them.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Last edited by Bossman; 30-09-2007 at 01:35..

Old
  (#10)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Talking 30-09-2007, 02:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
http://www.globalsimcard.co.uk/contact.php
They advise that it will not be possible to complete any form of resolution until Monday. They will be issuing a further bulletin at 12 Noon (BST) on Monday 1st October.
Of course... impossible to find any engineers on the island at the weekend! They'll need to fly them in on Monday morning!