PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
LEW (Offline)

Default Prepaid Voice, SMS and Data in Denmark? - 06-07-2009, 00:02

I will be in Denmark for a month visiting friends later this year, and will bring with me my wifi enabled E71 for mobile, voip and browsing...

I will try to take advantage of wifi hotspots, but would like a voice + sim prepaid option with the ability to add on about 500 or so MB of data for the month.
I intend to get a friend to get the prepaid sim for me before I go (hopefully eliminating the need for a CPR card), but would like to know exactly what to ask them to get for me...

Can anyone recommend a prepaid option that I can use for the month? I have tried looking at Telenor and Lebara, but haven't got far because the choices overwhelm me!

Last edited by LEW; 06-07-2009 at 00:32..

Old
  (#2)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-07-2009, 01:13

Have you looked at Three?

http://business.3.dk/Business/mobiltbredband/

Old
  (#3)
LEW (Offline)

Default 06-07-2009, 01:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Thanks for the pointer...

Slowly using the Danish I know... intermediate level 10 years ago...

That seems to be more for mobile internet with a laptop... I am after 3G data included... so, don't know, looking at the 3 website, I guess something more like
3.dk - Privat - Mi3G

It looks like there is no contract which is what I would be after, and heaps of data included and calls within the 3 network, but wow, it seems expensive... I pay less than half of that here for my calls, sms and 200MB data per month.

Can anyone suggest similar, but possibly less expensive and slightly smaller options? (mindful that things do cost more in DK than here!)

Old
  (#4)
hkunse (Offline)

Default 06-07-2009, 23:20

Hi,
I did not check the prepaid cost for voice and data usage for traditional prepaid cards, but in general those costs are elevated and data traffic is generally no feasible option. F.i. the Lebara card would be an option, easy to access and low cost as to voice, but data does not seem to be part of the package. Typical users are expected to be non-professionals, I think.

If you can get your friend(s) to establish a contract with f.i. Bibob (www.bibob.dk), though, I think this would be the optimal solution. You have to have a Danish CPR (personal) number and a Danish address, though, so your friend has to make the contract in his name. It is an open ended contract, you can terminate it after 1 month (I think), no monthly fee, calls to Danish nos (fixed or mobile) 8 Euro-cent/min, no set-up fee, SMS 1 ct, data 26 ct/MB, starting-up package 20 EUR fully refunded, calls to foreign countries rather expensive. But best would be their data flat rate, for the first month only 6,50 EUR with an allowance of 1000 MB free, the 2nd month will cost 17 EUR, though. GPRS and UMTS up to 512 kbits/s max. via the 3 network. International calls could then be done via voip.

Probably Bibob will accept your foreign c-card. But the CPR-no will be indispensable, similar to the Italian codice fiscale. Only that in Denmark the CPR-no actually is the key to any physical existance. So I think you will better ask for a helping hand from your friends.

Please revert if there are further questions.

Kind regards,
hkunse