PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 05-10-2007, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbg View Post
Can you please let me know mere about this offer in Greece? Wich operator and SIM card should I bye?
Have a read of this excellent thread:
http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/greece-gprs-t2183.html

Old
  (#12)
sleepy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 06-10-2007, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard10002 View Post
I used the T Mobile PAYG aim in a datacard in my PC from September 2006 to June 2007 and, whilst it's only supposed to be used in a mobile phone, I heard nothing from them, and it worked fine.
What configuration did you use for the card? I mean APN and other configuration details (also for the phone alone, anyway, just in case). I could not find anything on the T-Mobile website (maybe I was not good enough at it).

I intend to use my phone as a modem (though I should not be supposed to...) when I am going next week.

Thank you in advance!

Sleepy

Old
  (#13)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-10-2007, 23:15

They closed that loophole, alas.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#14)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 07-10-2007, 21:11

Hmmm, I was using TMO UK to surf the web last week, using a UMTS phone as a modem. The best part was, on a new SIM they give you 10 days' free surfing (wait about half an hour after activation), so it doesn't even cost GBP 1 a day.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#15)
sleepy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-10-2007, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
Hmmm, I was using TMO UK to surf the web last week, using a UMTS phone as a modem. The best part was, on a new SIM they give you 10 days' free surfing (wait about half an hour after activation), so it doesn't even cost GBP 1 a day.
That's good.
I found elsewhere the right APN should be: general.t-mobile.uk

Correct?

Cheers!

Old
  (#16)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-10-2007, 04:13

I didnt watch Slingbox on T-Mobiles pre-paid service because I had a TV. I rarely used it to watch video content either as I didnt want to have big downloads on a laptop - the terms and conditions for the £1 per day are that it is not to be used in a laptop or for VOIP and I didnt want to attract attention. I got away with it in a laptop for a long time, and may want to use it again.

Somebody has also said that there is a cap, but I wasnt aware of one.

Having said that, I watch Slingbox and use Skype on Italian 3G sims, (WIND & TIM), and now on a Maltese GO MOBILE 3G sim, (this one is a contract at 23 LM per month for 5GB, and I had to pay a deposit of 250LM because I am not Maltese - OUCH!! I have been told that I can terminate any time after 1 month and my deposit will be refunded, or if I pay my bills on time for 9 months, I will also get it back), so it should work fine and, maybe, if you are only there for a short time, they might not catch up with you.

It definitely capped at £1 per day all the time I was using it.

Hope that helps

Richard

Old
  (#17)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-10-2007, 04:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
What configuration did you use for the card? I mean APN and other configuration details (also for the phone alone, anyway, just in case). I could not find anything on the T-Mobile website (maybe I was not good enough at it).

I intend to use my phone as a modem (though I should not be supposed to...) when I am going next week.

Thank you in advance!

Sleepy
I used APN

general.t-mobile.uk

user name: user

password: blank

Cheers

Richard

Old
  (#18)
dawnsall (Offline)

Default Thanks everybody for your help - 09-10-2007, 18:17

I will certainly go down the T Mobile route. Presumably I will have to get a data card and T Mobile will help me set it up on my laptop. I do not have a data card yet. Any advice here?

I see somebody answered the question about Wind in Greece. Thanks. I know of a few people using it. Good luck.

Thanks everybody for their help. It is very much appreciated.

Old
  (#19)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-10-2007, 18:44

I didn't use a data card. I used a Sony-Ericsson K610i with a USB cable, although it works with Bluetooth too if you prefer.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.