PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
misconduct (Offline)

Default More Wind Questions - 13-02-2007, 04:53

I had purchased a Wind SIM card last August and I think I used up all the credit. I am returning to Italy in a few weeks and have a few questions....

I'm sure the number is still valid because it was purchased less than a year ago but will I be able to receive incoming calls and SMS for free immediately or do I have to refill the account first? It might take me a little while to find a Wind store or a tabacchi to buy a voucher.

To refill the account, is there any way to do it on the iWind user functions? I'm getting confused with TIM, who does allow you to enter the PIN from the recharge cards? Or do I have to dial *124*4242# as my only option? I cannot refill on the mondowind website because I do not have an Italian credit card.

When I call *124*4242#, is it all in Italian or is there English instructions that come after the Italian? I cannot remember if there was English instructions.

Finally, do you know where the Wind stores are in Venice? I had purchased my Wind card in Florence. If not, are they available at most tabacchis or will I have to look for a tabacchi that sells them?

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 13-02-2007, 09:47

You can just dial *124*4242# (or just 4242 when you are in Italy) and press the number 6. It will then ask you what language you prefer (Italian and English), so you can use English.

After that, you can buy a Wind refill at any tabacchi or newsstand, no need to find a Wind shop. I suppose you'll be flying to Italy, so you can refill the card directly at the airport you will land.

Of course you can receive calls/SMS in Italy with 0 credit. You can check your credit at any time dialing *123#, also abroad, or through the 4242 as well.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
misconduct (Offline)

Default 15-02-2007, 21:12

Thank you!

Old
  (#4)
Gryphone (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-03-2007, 19:54

Another question about Wind: on the PPGSM page it now says "at least 1 call/sms/data every 3 months is needed". I believe this is new?

Since my card is in Germany at the moment: is it enough if I just receive a text or make a free call to keep the card alive?

Active Prepaid SIMs: United Mobile; (RC) China Mobile; (USA) TúYo; (D) Loop, Callya, Simyo; (A) Klax; (I) Wind; (B) Ay Yildiz
Former Prepaid SIMs: (RC) IF; (D) Free&Easy, Xtra; (A) Yesss; (UK) Pay&Go; (E) Movistar; (IS) Frelsi
Mobiles in use: Sagem my101X, Siemens M50, Nokia 6800, Siemens M65, Motorola E770, Samsung SGH-Z500, Nokia 9500
Previous Mobiles: Nokia 5130, Motorola V3688, Sagem myX-1, Siemens M55, NEC e313, SonyEricsson T200, Motorola V980, Siemens C45, Motorola V600

Old
  (#5)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-03-2007, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphone View Post
Another question about Wind: on the PPGSM page it now says "at least 1 call/sms/data every 3 months is needed". I believe this is new?

Since my card is in Germany at the moment: is it enough if I just receive a text or make a free call to keep the card alive?
The usual thing is a very tiny GPRS session. You can get by for as little as 1.0 ct.

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-03-2007, 07:31

No, you have to pay something, so the cheapest solution is a very small GPRS session, as DRNewcomb said. Anyway it's not a new thing at all, it's rather old and I think that now it could also have been disabled, but nothing is clear these days, there's a huge confusion about validity of credit and cards...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#7)
mmthomas (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 22-03-2007, 16:35

What is the advantage/cost of changing from my current Senza Scatto (make short calls) to Wind 5 New or Senza Scatto New?

I think I read on 155.it that there is no longer a recharge fee? 8 euro card gives 8 euro credit?

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-03-2007, 18:03

There are only disadvantages moving to SenzaScatto New, so keep your old one (it's my tariff too)!
Now there are no recharge costs anymore, so you refill of 10€ with 10€, 25 with 25 and so on...

Old
  (#9)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 21-05-2007, 00:28

I have a Wind related question. Did they totally kill off "Follow Wind" or would I still be able to use the "Follow Wind" features, if I could only remember how to access them? I forgot/mislaid my login & e-mail for Follow Wind.

Old
  (#10)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-05-2007, 07:51

Officially it should still exist... if I could only remember how to access it!
Anyway it always worked so bad...