PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default +1 number on Int'l card, not yet? - 29-08-2008, 17:10

I could not find the answer on the page listing the International SIM cards available.. Is there any such card that can give you a +1 number?

Thanks.

Old
  (#2)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-08-2008, 20:04

CelTrek at 305-249-3121 celtrek.com
maxroam.com +353214250658
yackiemobile.com 1 800 360 2031 (I think that's their number. I had trouble finding it.)

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#3)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-08-2008, 20:35

Maxroam seems very interesting. So you can have many numbers on the same sim? I.e. one US number and one Irish and they will both work at the same time? Or you can only have one number enabled at a time?

Edit: maxroam does not give you a US DID number,only different landline aliases. The sms number is +972.

Old
  (#4)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-08-2008, 22:04

Both MaxRoam and Celtrek use +972 numbers for SMS. I believe there are sites on the internet that allow senders to go to a site and send SMS cheaply. I don't do SMA, so i could be wrong.
I know w. CelTrek you can have as many numbers as you want assigned to a SIM. (One number is "free".) They would all be active at once. I assume MaxRoam works the same.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-08-2008, 23:17

Or you could set up your own arrangement for any SIM you choose, using either free or paid-for DIDs and VoIP providers to forward the calls at your cost, which is broadly what these firms are doing on your behalf

Old
  (#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-08-2008, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Or you could set up your own arrangement for any SIM you choose, using either free or paid-for DIDs and VoIP providers to forward the calls at your cost, which is broadly what these firms are doing on your behalf
Exactly, but all this forwarding thing is about voice calls only. The "SMS number" i.e. "real" SIM number is +972 for MaxRoam and Celtrek and +354 for Yackie (the latter used to be +972 and +447624).
BTW, is there any +1 country with CPP?

Old
  (#7)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 30-08-2008, 02:23

Actually, with both maxroam and yackie (maybe celtrek too) you can have several numbers associated with the sim. All numbers active at the same time. You get one number for free and the others you can add for a monthly fee. Most of maxroams number are about 1 euro, and you can add/remove as you choose. With yackie you have to add the number for a minimum of 3 months and they are about $3/month with $4 setup fee. The information is buried somewhere on their websites. The yackie DID is deactivated if you do not spend $5 in 3 months. Maxroam does not implement any minimum usage requiremen YET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flodis79 View Post
Maxroam seems very interesting. So you can have many numbers on the same sim? I.e. one US number and one Irish and they will both work at the same time? Or you can only have one number enabled at a time?

Edit: maxroam does not give you a US DID number,only different landline aliases. The sms number is +972.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#8)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-08-2008, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Actually, with both maxroam and yackie (maybe celtrek too) you can have several numbers associated with the sim. All numbers active at the same time. You get one number for free and the others you can add for a monthly fee. Most of maxroams number are about 1 euro, and you can add/remove as you choose. With yackie you have to add the number for a minimum of 3 months and they are about $3/month with $4 setup fee. The information is buried somewhere on their websites. The yackie DID is deactivated if you do not spend $5 in 3 months. Maxroam does not implement any minimum usage requiremen YET.
Yes, this is how I understand it, but none of these numbers have free incoming calls. Maxroam charges 21 eurocent for incoming calls to all of these numbers. Better to use a few SIP accounts instead - that will mean free incoming calls. It is no point having 50 DID numbers if all of them incur incoming call charges, let alone 21 eurocent or more, that is just too much.

As pointed out already, what I want is a +1 real sms number, not a +972, +44, +372 or other number.

It seems as if GLMobility.com offers a real +1 sms number, however the starter pack is $35 and shipping cost, UPS only, is $70 up to _$168_ ???? ARE THEY FOR REAL?? I emailed them about non-courier shipping alternatives, but they regretted they don't have that at the moment. Charging $70 is extortionate behaviour.. And I thought Ireland was a genuine rip-off country

Old
  (#9)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-08-2008, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
BTW, is there any +1 country with CPP?
I have virtual DID number from callwithus.com. They give you 3000 free incoming voice minutes per month, for a monthly phone number rental of 3-5 USD. You can choose number from a large amount of US states.

Does this answer your question?

Old
  (#10)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default 30-08-2008, 15:51

we also offer USA & Canada inbound numbers for $5 per month
Rental term is 1,3,6,12 or 24 months. - No minimal usage and only $0.10 per minute for divert to your roaming sim.

Sim number is +447924 (uk mobile)

easyroam.co.uk