PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-04-2007, 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard10002 View Post
Looks like it's billed in Euros, and incoming calls are 38 euro cents per minute.
Yes, in most countries GT-Sim charges 38 cents incoming, 26 cents outgoing to landlines and 38 cents outgoing to mobiles, but you can choose one "home country" in which incoming calls are free (or the rate is decreased by 38 cents if it is higher).

My general thought about switching carriers by service providers/resellers.

I dare to say we already have experienced some operations of this kind.

The first one is an Italian reseller of Hop Mobile which, started selling UM branded as Hop Mobile .
BTW, they have a funny map of Europe with a large lake in the place of Moldova http://www.hopmobile.net/hop_english...ori/italy.html

Another one is Globalsim.net from Germany which used to sell rebranded Riiing/UM SIMs and it switched to a Manx. As for them, AFAIR at least they sold both +423 and +447624 top-ups for some time....

Old
  (#22)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 15-04-2007, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
Yes, in most countries GT-Sim charges 38 cents incoming, 26 cents outgoing to landlines and 38 cents outgoing to mobiles, but you can choose one "home country" in which incoming calls are free (or the rate is decreased by 38 cents if it is higher).

My general thought about switching carriers by service providers/resellers.

I dare to say we already have experienced some operations of this kind.

The first one is an Italian reseller of Hop Mobile which, started selling UM branded as Hop Mobile .
BTW, they have a funny map of Europe with a large lake in the place of Moldova http://www.hopmobile.net/hop_english...ori/italy.html

Another one is Globalsim.net from Germany which used to sell rebranded Riiing/UM SIMs and it switched to a Manx. As for them, AFAIR at least they sold both +423 and +447624 top-ups for some time....
The difference is that the existing globalsim.net customers can still use their cards at the old rates and recharge them without much problems at UM website. Seems completely different here.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#23)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-04-2007, 14:37

The rate calculator on the callblue.gt-sim web site has been updated to reflect the correct rates.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#24)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default GT-Sim... ex Call Blue charges - 15-04-2007, 19:24

Looks like the rate change has happened over the last couple of days. Just checked and incoming to Portugal and Malta is $0.00 per minute.

To Billy..... it really looks as though we have been dealing with GT-Sim all the time, even though the sim was branded Call Blue. So each time you topped up, if you gave your credit card details, it was almost certainly GT-Sim who collected the money... so they already have your details if they wanted to scam some money off you.

I would be more concerned about proceeding with Call Blue, who will almost certainly be a brand new company, with no track record, in a very competitive marketplace where margins must be small.

Old
  (#25)
MikeLove (Offline)

Default 19-04-2007, 09:36

I duly filled in contact details on callblue.gt-sim.com and yes all the previous call details were present.

Then I started having doubts about the call rates but I see that they are different on the rate calculator for callblue.gt-sim.com and gt-sim.com

Going to Morroco tomorrow so will see what happens with call charges if the sim still works as it's the 20/4

Old
  (#26)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-04-2007, 10:15

No email reply from Callblue to a prospective new customer asking about the new numbers - I expect they're busy

I've just found their phone number in my Voipcheap account - I might try in a few days, or can PM it to anyone who needs it

Last edited by andy; 19-04-2007 at 15:08..

Old
  (#27)
Muzaffar (Offline)

Default Message from CallBlue GSM - 08-05-2007, 16:57

It has come to our attention that there has been some confusion over the current situation regarding CallBlue GSM.

We would like to clarify that CallBlue GSM is separate and has never been a partner of GT-Sim, CallKey or any GSM company. We were testing our product and service hosted primarily by Isle of Man MANX network.

However, we have now left MANX to set up our own proprietary network as a complete mobile roaming network service. This new, groundbreaking service is due to be launched this summer.

In the meantime, we would like to take the time to address some of the issues raised by posters on this forum in detail:

1) Some posters have received two contradicting SMSs when testing their CallBlue sim card; one from GT-Sim telling them to continue with the service via a CallBlue/GT-sim website, and one from CallBlue telling them to cease the usage of that particular sim card.
The reality is CallBlue has terminated its service until the re-launch in the summer, and has not sent any SMSs to encourage its existing customers to continue with its usage. Another GSM company has simply taken advantage of the temporary shutdown of the CallBlue service and has since claimed to act on behalf of CallBlue. We would like to reassure existing customers of CallBlue that their remaining credit will be transferred onto the new sim cards when issued this summer.

2) Some posters have also raised concerns about the lack of customer support and the current CallBlue website.
Our telephone customer support has temporarily closed as we switch to our own new network. The CallBlue website has remained unchanged and customers can visit the website to view the current situation of the company and to learn more about our future plans. Customers can send an email with queries to CallBlue and a member of our helpdesk will respond within 24 hours. We also urge customers to email their old CallBlue number, along with an address that the new CallBlue GSM sim card can be sent to for free.

3) Another issue mentioned is the inconsistent call rates listed and that there is no advance warning on rate changes.
All GSM companies should have an advance warning on rate changes in order to pass on the information to its customers. However, sometimes this may not be the case, and this is a particular problem if the company does not control the network that they’re using. The new CallBlue GSM network will have complete control over the technical infrastructure and thus call quality, call rates and billing.

Thank you in advance for your understanding. When we announce our next moves in the coming weeks, we hope very much that you will lend us your support.

Muzaffar Ahmed
CallBlue GSM
mahmed@callblue.com

Old
  (#28)
alexmore (Offline)

Default new callblue customer - 09-05-2007, 15:22

Ahmed,
thanks for your news.
Who write these 3 lines is a new customer of callblue, who was left in the middle.
I ordered march 15, 2 callblue sims and never arrived at all.
Never have from CC reply about my situation.
Finally, 100$ are in your pocket (confirmed from your credit card provider).
Can you pls post some notes to give me advice of what to do?
1- have my money back.
2- have the services up and running.

Thanks.
Alex Morelli

ps. sorry to others in the forum for outing my personal situation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzaffar View Post
It has come to our attention that there has been some confusion over the current situation regarding CallBlue GSM.

We would like to clarify that CallBlue GSM is separate and has never been a partner of GT-Sim, CallKey or any GSM company. We were testing our product and service hosted primarily by Isle of Man MANX network.

However, we have now left MANX to set up our own proprietary network as a complete mobile roaming network service. This new, groundbreaking service is due to be launched this summer.

In the meantime, we would like to take the time to address some of the issues raised by posters on this forum in detail:

1) Some posters have received two contradicting SMSs when testing their CallBlue sim card; one from GT-Sim telling them to continue with the service via a CallBlue/GT-sim website, and one from CallBlue telling them to cease the usage of that particular sim card.
The reality is CallBlue has terminated its service until the re-launch in the summer, and has not sent any SMSs to encourage its existing customers to continue with its usage. Another GSM company has simply taken advantage of the temporary shutdown of the CallBlue service and has since claimed to act on behalf of CallBlue. We would like to reassure existing customers of CallBlue that their remaining credit will be transferred onto the new sim cards when issued this summer.

2) Some posters have also raised concerns about the lack of customer support and the current CallBlue website.
Our telephone customer support has temporarily closed as we switch to our own new network. The CallBlue website has remained unchanged and customers can visit the website to view the current situation of the company and to learn more about our future plans. Customers can send an email with queries to CallBlue and a member of our helpdesk will respond within 24 hours. We also urge customers to email their old CallBlue number, along with an address that the new CallBlue GSM sim card can be sent to for free.

3) Another issue mentioned is the inconsistent call rates listed and that there is no advance warning on rate changes.
All GSM companies should have an advance warning on rate changes in order to pass on the information to its customers. However, sometimes this may not be the case, and this is a particular problem if the company does not control the network that they’re using. The new CallBlue GSM network will have complete control over the technical infrastructure and thus call quality, call rates and billing.

Thank you in advance for your understanding. When we announce our next moves in the coming weeks, we hope very much that you will lend us your support.

Muzaffar Ahmed
CallBlue GSM
mahmed@callblue.com

Old
  (#29)
billym (Offline)

Default 10-05-2007, 23:17

Dear Muzaffar Ahmed

Why is it that you can post such a reasoned report on a forum but you do not have the decency to reply to e mail sent to you by a customer who has had no phone since 15 April, & who has credit on the sim (which we can only assume has gone into someones pocket).

Why is it I cant get your permission to take my phone number to a new provider a descision I made due to the lack of information & contact from yourself?

You don't answer texts, email enquiries or phone calls, no customer service.
There are many other service providers & I hope they will be used by others before yourselves.

Yours
VERY DISSATISFIED

BILLYM

(Sorry to forum users for this personal letter but this is obviously the only way to get MR Muzaffar Ahmed to hear our complaints)

Old
  (#30)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-05-2007, 18:08

Billym -
One point I .can answer - Most, if not all, international SIM card sellers are simply resellers and don't own the numbers. Thus they can't give you the number.
I am sure United Mobile, Travel SIM's various outlets, etc. don't make it possible to take your number somewhere else.

I just went to CB's web site. Explanation of their temporary problems seemed clear to me.

I went thru something like this a couple of times with other services.
1. When DSL first was announced in Ca. years ago, we had to pick an ISP. The install was handled by the phone co. Since I was an early adapter, 6 people came out, mainly as a training session.
A year later, the ISP I had chosen went out of business.
2. When we had to pick an LD carrier, all was fine for years until they suddenly went out of business. I didn't lose any money, but suddenly had to instruct everyone how to use a "1010" dial around code to place LD calls during the couple days it took to change to a diff. LD provider.

In your case the provider is offering to, in effect, make you whole. The logistics in trying to simply refund relatively small airtime credits to numerous customers would be prohibitively expensive.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.