PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default Tchibo registration problem - 23-08-2010, 15:47

Two weeks ago I visited Germany for several days. I bought the Tchibo prepaid package for Euro 19,95 and tried to get registered with the help of my friend and that of Google translate. Apparently I made some mistake, since after getting connected my account was 0 instead of the expected 5 GB. I suspect I simply confused the prepaid and the comfort options. Anyway, now I am outside Germany and the only thing I'd like to know whether I am registered or not and how can I top up my account next time I am in Germany ? Trying to login in to My Tchibo mobil, I am getting a message that my password is wrong. I tried to recover my password, but instead of e-mail, it has been sent by SMS to my Mobilfunknummer. I have no idea of how to receive this SMS.
Next month I will come to Germany, but I'd like to be entirely prepared while at home. I don't know German and I am not sure I will have an access to the Internet. I would like to buy the Tchibo voucher immediately after landing and being able to get connected just afterwards. Please

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-08-2010, 19:32

You've already got an answer to this at Bought internet stick at Tchibo, and can't activate/register? - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access

In order to receive SMS, you just need to put the Tchibo stick into your computer and start Mobile Partner, the dashboard software. If you have registered as postpaid customer ("Komfort") you can't recharge anything, as Tchibo will try to deduct the montly cost for your data option from your bank account.

Anyway, now first try to recover your password for online customer care and then log in to https://www.tchibo-mobil.de/?source=PORTAL_ABE in order to see if you SIM is active and if so if it is prepaid or postpaid.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 23-08-2010 at 19:41..

Old
  (#3)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 23-08-2010, 20:43

For unknown reason, I hardly can post anything there (everything is inactive). I succeed once in three-four attempts. Therefore I was so glad to find this site.
Anyway, I will follow your advise tomorrow, though I do not completely understand how Tchibo stick can pick up anything, even just SMS, that far away (I mean SIM, not stick). Stick is fine. I have unlocked it and can use it with the local SIM. By the way, I removed the Tchibo dashboard software because it does not have language selection and installed the original Mobile Partner. Is it ok for receiving that SMS or should I reinstall the original Tchibo Mobile Partner ?

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-08-2010, 02:02

I also realized wetpaint.com are having some issue making links unclickable no matter which browser you use, so let's continue here.

If your Tchibo SIM has been activated then it will roam on a Israeli network, through which you can receive SMS free of charge (anything else than receiving SMS would be prohibitively expensive while roaming in Israel).
In order to receive SMS just open Mobile Partner and make sure the SIM is registered to some network (will show network name and signal strength in the lower left corner of Mobile Partner). You don't need the Tchibo-branded Mobile Partner for this. The only advantage of Tchibo's version is, that it supports checking and recharging credit based on USSD-codes through the GUI.
Now that you use the generic version of Mobile Partner, which doesn't support USSD-commands, you need to use a third-party tool called MDMA through which you can easily send the required USSD-commands:
*101# for checking credit
*103*top up code# for topping up credit
*104# for (un)subscribing to tariff options including the data options

Just make sure Mobile Partner is closed before running MDMA, as only one application can access the stick at once.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 24-08-2010, 08:25

Quite amazing ! You should change your Username to PrepaidGuru or so
Anyway, I have entered in my account and tried (with the help of Google translate) to find out my status. I think I understand what happend. I have activated data option XL and since it is not supported by the free prepaid plan, I got zero (well 0.01 Euro) credit.
By using MDMA, I've sent USSD for checking credit and got this message:
"Ihr Tchibo mobil Guthaben betr{gt: 0.01 Euro. Jetzt auch Ihr Guthabenkonto aufladen: einfach *103*Aufladenummer# und die H|rertaste eingeben."
I still have a couple of questions:
1. How can I make sure my above assumption is correct and I have not done another mistake (e.g. opening the comfort account, etc.) ?
2. Can I somehow top up my credit while in Israel (e.g. by using credit card) or the only way is to buy a voucher (Tchibo or O2) while landing in Germany ? Transferring money to Tchibo's bank account looks somewhat too complicated compared to the above.
3. Should I activate the data option again or am I sticked with the same option (I believe XL) for the rest of my life ?
Thnaks again for your generous assistance.

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-08-2010, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgol View Post
Anyway, I have entered in my account and tried (with the help of Google translate) to find out my status. I think I understand what happend. I have activated data option XL and since it is not supported by the free prepaid plan, I got zero (well 0.01 Euro) credit.
Actually you never had more than € 0.01, since this is the initial amount with which the SIM is sold. If you have tried to activate the "Internet Flatrate XL" with this insufficient amount of credit it simply failed.
Since you posted at the PWIA-wiki, that you did not provide any bank account details, you are definitely not on a postpaid plan.
So everything seems to be okay except for the free "Internet Flatrate L" not being activated for you. But this can only be solved by complaining with customer care that you never received that free month.

Quote:
1. How can I make sure my above assumption is correct and I have not done another mistake (e.g. opening the comfort account, etc.) ?
From my findings you haven't mistaked anything. The SIM is obviously active and it's on a prepaid plan. The mistake seems to be on Tchibo's part.

Quote:
2. Can I somehow top up my credit while in Israel (e.g. by using credit card) or the only way is to buy a voucher (Tchibo or O2) while landing in Germany ? Transferring money to Tchibo's bank account looks somewhat too complicated compared to the above.
Yes, you can by topping up with vouchers from O2 Germany (those are sometimes called "O2 Loop Up"), which are sold online by several companies. Unfortunately most of them like So macht man das! - Aufladen.de don't accept foreign credit cards.
I know of Prepaid-Karte & Handy aufladen – Prepaid online aufladen bei Cabox.de to accept international customers paying with PayPal, after activating a code, that was previously sent by snail mail.
Also there are O2 top up vouchers available at eBay.de, but you won't be able to buy one if you're registered outside Germany and the seller doesn't offer shipping outside Germany. In that case contact the seller and ask him to enable international shipping, as this will allow you purchase the voucher and the seller can then send you the top up code by eMail.
If you finally get the top up voucher just enter it in MDMA as described above.

Quote:
3. Should I activate the data option again or am I sticked with the same option (I believe XL) for the rest of my life ?
Generally these data options are recurring, so once activated if there's enough credit left at the end of those 30 days, Tchibo will automatically deduct the amount for the next 30 days. But if you run out of credit the tariff option will be stopped. Then you have to top up your credit and activate the data option again.
The problem is we don't know if Tchibo have enabled the Internet Flatrate L for you in the meantime. If that's the case, you run the risk to get the Internet Flatrate L for another month if you top up credit now and you can't change data options before the end of that 30 day period.
To find out if a data option is activated start MDMA and send *104#, which will show you the
Quote:
Optionsmanager

1 Optionsstatus
2 Option buchen
Now just send "1" (without * or #) to check the status of your tariff options:
Quote:
Folgende Optionen sind gebucht:

1 Internet-Flatrate L
0 Abbruch
If you actually get an option listed (as in the example above) you can send "1" again and you should get the details for this option:
Quote:
Ihre Option Internet-Flatrate L ist aktiv und läuft am 31.08.2010 aus.
If the Internet Flatrate L is active, you should disable it or wait with your recharge until the option has expired. I don't know if you can cancel tariff options through the USSD-menu, but you can definitely do it by sending an SMS message containing "STOP DATENFLAT2" to 7777 or just wait the option to expire.

If your subscription of the Internet Flatrate L has finished you can top up at least € 20 of credit and order the Internet Flatrate XL by by sending *104# with MDMA.

Quote:
Optionsmanager

1 Optionsstatus
2 Option buchen
Now send 2 to subscribe to an option.

Quote:
Folgende Optionen sind für Sie buchbar

1 Festnetz-Flatrate
2 Tchibofon-Flatrate
3 100 Minuten-Option
4 50 Minuten-Option
5 weitere
0 Abbruch
Send 5 to see the following page of options.

Quote:

1 50 SMS-Option
2 Internet-Flatrate L
3 Internet-Paket 500 MB
4 Internet-Tages-Flatrate
5 weitere
0 Abbruch
Again send 5 to see the next page.

Quote:

1 Internet-Paket
2 Internet-Flatrate XL
0 Abbruch
Now send 2 for the Internet-Flatrate XL.

Quote:
Die Option kostet 19,95 Euro monatlich.
Möchten Sie die Option Internet-Flatrate XL buchen?

1 Ja
0 Abbruch
Finally you need to confirm your subscription by sending 1.

Old
  (#7)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 24-08-2010, 18:03

I have no words to thank you ! Now everything is so clear that I don't care to buy the voucher while in Germany. I was simply afraid to encounter a problem while not being connected to the Internet (I will be travelling with a motorhome). With your generous assistance I am afraid of nothing.
I am looking forward to post my thanks using the Tchibo stick from the motorhome.

Old
  (#8)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-08-2010, 21:16

You're welcome!

Just out of curiosity, does the USSD menu currently show an activated option or not?

Old
  (#9)
Schlips1 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-08-2010, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
You're welcome!

Just out of curiosity, does the USSD menu currently show an activated option or not?
Yes it does:
*104#
Quote:
Optionsmanager

1 Optionsstatus
2 Option buchen
3 Option abbestellen
Quote:
Folgende Optionen sind gebucht:

1 Internet-Flat L kostenlos
0 Abbruch
Quote:
Ihre Option Internet-Flat L kostenlos ist aktiv und läuft am 20.09.2010 aus.

1 Detailinfo
Quote:
Sie haben noch 212,40 MB Internet zur Verfügung.

Jetzt auch Ihr Guthabenkonto aufladen: einfach *103*Aufladenummer# und die Hörertaste eingeben.
I think, Tchibo is the only one you may figure out, how much you have used...

Old
  (#10)
mgol (Offline)
Official Member

Default 25-08-2010, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
You're welcome!

So! After sending *104#, I get

Quote:
Optionsmanager
2 Option buchen
Entering 1 leads to the same message.
Entering 2 leads to exactly what you specified in your post.
After entering all the numbers you recommended, I got the following:

Quote:
Ihr Auftrag wird bearbeitet. Sie erhalten in K~rze eine SMS. Vielen Dank !
Now I have a few more amateurish questions:
1. Where should I receive this SMS ? Should I ran my generic Mobile Partner or there is some option in MGMA ?
2. What is next ? Does it mean I'm done for XL and upon toping up my credit on October 11 (my arrival date) I can immediately surf ?
Thanks.

Tags
tchibo