PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Anybody on Mobile Landline and MyEurope Extra combo from O2 UK - 19-10-2009, 21:38

Hi there all,
anybody using Mobile Landline and MyEurope Extra combo from O2 UK? If so, would you be so kind to share experience?

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-10-2009, 01:20

It's only available on business contracts, and I haven't yet read comments by people using it. I eventually managed to have a chat with business customer services about it, possibly switching my contract over, but might wait to see if there are better retention deals in 3 months

For those who are wondering what it is: the name more or less speaks for itself, a landline number on the mobile account, no per minute charge, costing £10 a month for the life of the contract, though there are some offers for porting in. I rather doubt they'll ever extend the option to payg, and they've said there's no intention at the moment for consumer contracts. But for people who can get a UK business contract it could be quite interesting

Last edited by andy; 20-10-2009 at 01:48..

Old
  (#3)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-10-2009, 10:06

And as mentioned by the OP, with MyEuropeExtra it could get even more exciting.

To be honest I cannot see why there should be any problem with putting the 2 together. After all MyEurope works with a cap of 1000 mins in and out combined.

I have thought about doing this, but in my case, it will not be worth spending the GBP10 per month yet. I already have a geographic forward to a phone with a MyEurope contract. I pay per minute for the forward, but as I actually recieve more calls on the mobile number direct, I do not pay that much per month.

However for callbacks, this could indeed be an interesting option. Potentially for your 10 GBP plus the cost of the o2 contract, you could setup 1000 minutes per month of free calling to several "free" Betamax countries, from anywhere in Europe. Almost too good to be true.

Old
  (#4)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-10-2009, 12:04

I looked at this a while back and it is my understanding is that you would still be billed your standard mobile to proper rate for the 01/02 to mobile portion of the call.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#5)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 20-10-2009, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
... would still be billed your standard mobile to proper rate for the 01/02 to mobile portion of the call.
Normally yes, but not with this new service by o2, which is actually quite nice. The idea is that you pay a fixed monthly cost regradless of how many minutes of calls get diverted.