PrePaidGSM.net Forum
Telestial
PrePaidGSM Home National Operators International Cards Contacts Links


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
  (#151)
inquisitor (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
 
inquisitor's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,399
Join Date: 15 Nov 2006

Country:
Default 04-08-2013, 22:14

@webdweeb
There's a snapshot of the Wetpaint article at LIDL mobile - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access

Except for the lacking new "Smart" tariffs the information is still up-to-date. In any case I will look for a new space where to host this guide.

@Marschel
Have you read the T&Cs for the Smart S tariff?
Quote:
Nutzungsvoraussetzungen: Mindestalter 16 Jahre, Handy ohne SIM-/Net-Lock, [B]Teilnahme am Lastschriftverfahren mit dt. Bankverbindung und am automatischen Aufladeverfahren[B], Registrierung vor erstmaliger Nutzung notwendig. Eine Auszahlung des Startguthabens und Extra-Guthabens fόr Rufnummernmitnahme ist nicht mφglich.
Unfortunately you are required to provide bank details of a German bank account and consent to direct debit in order to activate the "Smart" tariffs which is not an option for most fellow forum members.


terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 04-08-2013 at 22:24..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#152)
webdweeb (Offline)
Junior Member
Amateur Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: 14 Aug 2012

Country:
Default 04-08-2013, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
@webdweeb
There's a snapshot of the Wetpaint article at LIDL mobile - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access

Except for the lacking new "Smart" tariffs the information is still up-to-date. In any case I will look for a new space where to host this guide.
Inquisitor, thanks for the new link-this looks like a good SIM for my needs (ie, tourist). Since Lidl is a piggyback on the O2 network similar to Fonic, can I assume that the roaming costs are the same as for Fonic/O2? We will be concluding our trip in Austria, so I now need to decide if I should get yet another SIM in Austria or just pay the roaming costs (voice and SMS-data roaming is a killer). I plan to use the Wifi at our accommodations for most of my data needs, but it would be nice to be able to use certain apps (mainly Google Maps) on my iPhone when we are out and about.

One item that may be a challenge: the friend that will be purchasing the SIMs for me has an APO address (she lives on a US Army base in Germany), so I don't know if that qualifies as a German address or not. If not, it appears I may have a problem registering the Lidl SIM, since they require receipt of a letter
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#153)
inquisitor (Offline)
Senior Member
Prepaid Professionist
 
inquisitor's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,399
Join Date: 15 Nov 2006

Country:
Default 04-08-2013, 23:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdweeb View Post
Inquisitor, thanks for the new link-this looks like a good SIM for my needs (ie, tourist). Since Lidl is a piggyback on the O2 network similar to Fonic, can I assume that the roaming costs are the same as for Fonic/O2?
Yes, they are:

calls from Austria to Germany: € 0.28/min
calls from Austria to the US: € 1.29/min
inbound calls while in Austria: € 0.08/min
SMS from Austria to Germany: € 0.09
SMS from Austria to the US: € 0.39
data: € 0.53/MB (billed in 1KB increments)

source: http://www.lidl.de/de/asset/other/LI...ugust_2013.pdf

If you activate the "Smartphone-Internet-Flatrate" (500MB for use within Germany for € 6.99/month) or one of the "Smart" tariffs data roaming in EU countries will be billed differently. Then the "EU Internet-Tages-Pack" ("EU Internet day pack") will apply which gives you 10MB for € 3 per calendar day, charged upon the first transfered byte. After consuming those 10MB the session will be interrupted and you won't have any data roaming service until midnight.
Unfortunately the "EU Internet-Tages-Pack" is not available to subscribers of the 5GB data pack for € 14.99/month and there's no option to resubscribe it after reaching your daily allowance of 10MB.

Quote:
We will be concluding our trip in Austria, so I now need to decide if I should get yet another SIM in Austria or just pay the roaming costs (voice and SMS-data roaming is a killer). I plan to use the Wifi at our accommodations for most of my data needs, but it would be nice to be able to use certain apps (mainly Google Maps) on my iPhone when we are out and about.
If you plan to subscribe to the 500MB pack for Germany and so the EU day pack applies you could use the Lidl SIM in Austria. 10MB should be enough for sporadic Google Maps use (but disable the satellite image layer as it is very data-hungry!). But if you go for the 5GB pack and so data roaming would be billed with some expensive € 0.53/MB you should better get an Austrian SIM.

Quote:
One item that may be a challenge: the friend that will be purchasing the SIMs for me has an APO address (she lives on a US Army base in Germany), so I don't know if that qualifies as a German address or not. If not, it appears I may have a problem registering the Lidl SIM, since they require receipt of a letter
Lidl will require a street address, a German ZIP and your city which you should be able to provide. However I don't know if Lidl's database used for address verification contains the names of the streets on restricted military area. If not you could try to provide the address of the barracks' guardhouse which should have a public address. Unfortunately there is no way to include a unit, building number or any other additional information that may be required to get the mail delivered to your friends but as long as the letter is not being returned there's no problem.


terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#154)
Marschel (Offline)
Member
Official Member
 
Posts: 48
Join Date: 27 Jul 2013
Location: Nuremberg

Country:
Default 04-08-2013, 23:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
@Marschel
Have you read the T&Cs for the Smart S tariff?
I've just provided information...


Home: Telekom Deutschland (Business & Consumer contract)

Abroad: AT: 3Reload iPad, Iniative 100%, Nimm3 Internet Klassik, Orange Wertkarte,
Wowww!, yesss! classic, yesss! complete; CH: Sunrise, Swisscom Natel easy; ES: Movistar, Orange;
GR: Cosmote, WIND; LU: Orange; NL: AH MOBIEL, T-Mobile; SE: Telenor, Telia;
UK: 3Play, Lycamobile, Truphone, Virgin Mobile

Devices: Apple iPad mini with Retina, iPhone 5s; Huawei B593u-12, E5372Ts-32; Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#155)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Member
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 59
Join Date: 04 Aug 2013

Country:
Default 05-08-2013, 01:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marschel View Post
New plan from tomorrow. The plan is called "Lidl Mobile Smart S" and will distach the former Smart XL plan. For 7.99€ you get 300 national minutes OR text, unlimited calls AND text to other Lidl Mobile customers and 300 MB of data. If you exceed your volume you'll be limited to 64 kbit/s. You're able to purchase more "high speed" volume. 200 MB for 3.99€.
It appears that this plan requires a German bank account. So probably won't work for any travelers, but useful for those who live in Germany.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#156)
papeti01 (Offline)
Junior Member
Amateur Member
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: 30 Dec 2009

Country:
Default 06-08-2013, 20:53

hi,

As I see the lidl prepaid changed. I would like to buy a number to my wife, and I need your advice. We are living in Germany, we have german bank account, and I already have a lidl number (classic tarif)

In this case which offer is the better for us? Which one should I buy for her?Lild smart tarif S, or the classic one , which as I see also contains community flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos...???
CLASSIC - Lidl Deutschland - lidl.de

If buy for her a classic, we can speak free or I also have to change something with my number?
Can I change my classic tarif to classic smart s?

Thank U for your advice! and for the lot of answer
p.

ps: am I right that this offer is better than aldi talk 300 because of the network (o2 vs. e-plus), and the non block voip calls???


Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamp View Post
It appears that this plan requires a German bank account. So probably won't work for any travelers, but useful for those who live in Germany.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#157)
Marschel (Offline)
Member
Official Member
 
Posts: 48
Join Date: 27 Jul 2013
Location: Nuremberg

Country:
Default 06-08-2013, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by papeti01 View Post
If buy for her a classic, we can speak free or I also have to change something with my number?
No, only she can speak and text for free because this offer is limited to new customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papeti01 View Post
Can I change my classic tarif to classic smart s?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papeti01 View Post
ps: am I right that this offer is better than aldi talk 300 because of the network (o2 vs. e-plus), and the non block voip calls???
Never heard that they block VoiP calls. Network conditions are nearly the same.

Each of you will get 5€ credit if you put in your number during her registration.


Home: Telekom Deutschland (Business & Consumer contract)

Abroad: AT: 3Reload iPad, Iniative 100%, Nimm3 Internet Klassik, Orange Wertkarte,
Wowww!, yesss! classic, yesss! complete; CH: Sunrise, Swisscom Natel easy; ES: Movistar, Orange;
GR: Cosmote, WIND; LU: Orange; NL: AH MOBIEL, T-Mobile; SE: Telenor, Telia;
UK: 3Play, Lycamobile, Truphone, Virgin Mobile

Devices: Apple iPad mini with Retina, iPhone 5s; Huawei B593u-12, E5372Ts-32; Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#158)
papeti01 (Offline)
Junior Member
Amateur Member
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: 30 Dec 2009

Country:
Default 07-08-2013, 17:25

Thanks.
So it means that if we all together have this smart S, than we can speak for FREE with each other anytime, any-long..., and we have 300 min, or sms to all the other German gsm providers?
How long is the contract, is there any loyalty time? Do i have to order this smart s every new month, of this is automatic?
Can you tell me how can I change my classic tarif to this?

Thx,
p.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marschel View Post
No, only she can speak and text for free because this offer is limited to new customers.

Yes.
Never heard that they block VoiP calls. Network conditions are nearly the same.

Each of you will get 5€ credit if you put in your number during her registration.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#159)
Marschel (Offline)
Member
Official Member
 
Posts: 48
Join Date: 27 Jul 2013
Location: Nuremberg

Country:
Default 07-08-2013, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by papeti01 View Post
So it means that if we all together have this smart S, than we can speak for FREE with each other anytime, any-long...,
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papeti01 View Post
How long is the contract, is there any loyalty time?
No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papeti01 View Post
Do i have to order this smart s every new month, of this is automatic?
Renew automatically every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papeti01 View Post
Can you tell me how can I change my classic tarif to this?
Online or the call customer care.


Home: Telekom Deutschland (Business & Consumer contract)

Abroad: AT: 3Reload iPad, Iniative 100%, Nimm3 Internet Klassik, Orange Wertkarte,
Wowww!, yesss! classic, yesss! complete; CH: Sunrise, Swisscom Natel easy; ES: Movistar, Orange;
GR: Cosmote, WIND; LU: Orange; NL: AH MOBIEL, T-Mobile; SE: Telenor, Telia;
UK: 3Play, Lycamobile, Truphone, Virgin Mobile

Devices: Apple iPad mini with Retina, iPhone 5s; Huawei B593u-12, E5372Ts-32; Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#160)
papeti01 (Offline)
Junior Member
Amateur Member
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: 30 Dec 2009

Country:
Default 07-08-2013, 19:32

Thank you! You really helped me a lot!
I bought one, now I will register.
Just one more question, if i don't want to renew it, can i change it back to normal classic tarif?

P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marschel View Post
Yes.
No.
Renew automatically every month.

Online or the call customer care.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
© 2002- ad libitum PrePaidGSM.net