PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
vegemite (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-05-2010, 10:47

Fantastic stuff. So Yess is the one to use for Austria! I also have Three Like Home which is valid for Australian Three customers however I believe I would still get a better deal with Yesss. How much to get a SIM with say 1GB data and what are the voice rates and any other fees such as SIM charge and activation fee? We will only be in Austria for about 4 days so expiry is not an issue.

HTC Desire (unlocked UK version) / Nokia E71 (Wife's phone) / 3 Australia Post Paid SIM (both)

Looking for data / voice SIMS for Europe in August 2010 - UK, France, Italy, Austria, Croatia and Bosnia

Old
  (#12)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 17-05-2010, 17:12

The yesss.at website is particularly easy to follow if you use the beta version of Google's Chrome browser with language translation. The 3 (drei.at) website is a bit harder to translate because a lot of text is in graphics.

With yesss.at you can get a SIM with 512MB for EUR10 here. You can buy these at Hofer stores in Austria or order them online providing they're shipped to an address in Austria. I intend to do the latter, having them ship to the hotel where we'll be staying.

Here's what you need to configure your phone to work with yesss.

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#13)
bylo (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 17-05-2010, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegemite View Post
Does this Yesss have coverage across Austria and out of the towns?
Yes(ss!) Here's a list by post codes. As you can see from the size of the list coverage is extensive.

Quote:
Do I need ID or anything else to get pre-paid SIMs?
No. Last year I bought a drei.at USB modem starter package at a phone store. I paid cash. No one asked for any ID, not that I'd have a problem with providing it.

Phones: OnePlus 5 • Nexus 5
SIMs: CA Fido/Fongo • AT A1-B.free • Google Fi
R.I.P.: UM • UM+

Old
  (#14)
vegemite (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 17-05-2010, 23:55

I don't have a problem with ID either, I just want to spend as *little* time mucking about getting SIM cards on my holiday as possible, by being prepared, knowing where to go, what to say, what to bring and how to configure. For example I will be in Austria for only 4 or 5 days, so I don't want to spend more than an hour two getting a SIM and setting it up. Thanks for the information people, this is fantastic news. I will get one for my wife and I as I presume we can call each other cheaply as well, and that VoIP and data will work fine on this SIM. It's mostly for Google Maps, but we'll inevitably need to call taxis and the like and I'll be damned if I'm paying global roaming rates!! I was shocked to read that phone roaming is on average the third largest expense for travellers!

HTC Desire (unlocked UK version) / Nokia E71 (Wife's phone) / 3 Australia Post Paid SIM (both)

Looking for data / voice SIMS for Europe in August 2010 - UK, France, Italy, Austria, Croatia and Bosnia