PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
jdrouven (Offline)

Default 09-08-2006, 10:06

I bought the Wind sim prepaid card from Andrea and used in my notebook with data card modem during my holidays. I had no problems what so ever.
Now back home I decided to take the 300Mega option instead. This worked as well, but now I am trying to get to work on my mobilphone. I have a Nokia 3650 and I send myself the configuration via SMS from the nokia website. I selected of course Nokia 3650, Country Italy, operator Wind and service provider wind web. After receiving the SMS and saving the settings I am still not able to connect

Any advice?

Old
  (#2)
faquick (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-08-2006, 10:26

Hi,

with Nokia phones you need either to use its PC Suite to help create a connection, or to manually set "advanced" settings within Windows.

Sending the "web" settings to the phone is useful only for using that connection from the mobile itself, not from a PC that uses it as a modem.

So you will have to go to modem properties, in Windows control panel, and then edit advanced options and insert this string in the "additional commands" textbox:

+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.wind"

and then just use *99***1# or *99# as the dial-up number

fab---

Name: Fabrizio
Some of my prepaid SIM cards: United Mobile Plus + 3ITA + I WIND + TIM + vodafone IT + 3 UK + O2 UK + Prima
My phones: HTC Desire + BlackBerry 9700

Old
  (#3)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 09-08-2006, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrouven
I bought the Wind sim prepaid card from Andrea and used in my notebook with data card modem during my holidays. I had no problems what so ever.
Now back home I decided to take the 300Mega option instead. This worked as well, but now I am trying to get to work on my mobilphone. I have a Nokia 3650 and I send myself the configuration via SMS from the nokia website. I selected of course Nokia 3650, Country Italy, operator Wind and service provider wind web. After receiving the SMS and saving the settings I am still not able to connect

Any advice?
Try to change the operator and try again. I recommend Vodafone for WIND in germany. The automatic configuration SMS worked fine on my Nokia 6021.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#4)
jdrouven (Offline)

Default 09-08-2006, 15:52

I just tried all of the suggestions and it didn't work. Now I deleted the +CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.wind" Command and it works. I just entered *99# ans that's all. Strange, but I am happy it works.

Thanks