PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
beerfestival (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Where can I get free wifi? - 27-06-2007, 23:15

As I've mentioned in another post, on a recent post I manages to use the free wifi from Orange shops in Krakow and Katowice (Poland) to use Sipgate VOIP.

Do all Orange shops offer free wifi? Is it just ones in Poland? I've tried to look at the various 'wifi for free' websites but they always seem to end up with the chargeable ones.

Any info gratefully received.

Prepaids - FR: SFR; BE: BASE; PL:iPlus simdata UK: T-Mobile; International: SIM4Travel / Trupphone
Contract - UK: O2
Phones - Nokia 700
Phones in store - Nokia 5100, 3230, N70, 5500, N96, N95, 6230, 1100

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 27-06-2007, 23:30

Though I've never been lucky with them, you could always try Fon. http://www.fon.com/en/

Provided you have a Fonera and share your own WiFI at home, then you can log on for free anywhere in the world. The Fon maps seem to be covered in green spots!

Old
  (#3)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 01-07-2007, 10:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerfestival View Post
As I've mentioned in another post, on a recent post I manages to use the free wifi from Orange shops in Krakow and Katowice (Poland) to use Sipgate VOIP.

Do all Orange shops offer free wifi? Is it just ones in Poland? I've tried to look at the various 'wifi for free' websites but they always seem to end up with the chargeable ones.

Any info gratefully received.
It's interesting what you said. Orange Poland really offers some WiFi hotspots in addition to their GSM/UMTS coverage but, according to their website, they are not free! They may be paid as extra subscription monthly fee, via scratch cards (other than those for Orange Go and POP prepaids!) or via premium SMS.
http://www.hotspot.orange.pl/index.p...ndex&lngver=en

Old
  (#4)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-07-2007, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerfestival View Post
I've tried to look at the various 'wifi for free' websites but they always seem to end up with the chargeable ones.
Do you just mean in Poland, or in general? In France the B&B chain of budget hotels is good. In the US and Canada, many libraries have free wifi or computers (the ones in Las Vegas for example).

jiwire.com (hotspot finder) allows you to filter by "free only" - finds 24 in Krakow.