PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-12-2007, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by meir View Post
Rates for Moldovan numbers differ. They are much higher and sometimes is hard to get connection, but its not as bad as other way around. There was time when you could call PMR numbers from Moldova at all.
Hehe, traveling to non-exisiting countries may always bring some surprises. But, PMR is a hard case - eg. Northern Cyprus at least has GSM

Old
  (#12)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Wink 24-12-2007, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
Hehe, traveling to non-exisiting countries may always bring some surprises. But, PMR is a hard case - eg. Northern Cyprus at least has GSM
Northern Cyprus is easy. I was there several time. On other side, with PMR CDMA phone you have free incoming calls when roaming in Odesskaja oblast of Ukraine.

Old
  (#13)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-12-2007, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
I kinda' like non-existing countries. I plan to move to Theory. You know that, "In Theory everything works."

Old
  (#14)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-12-2007, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
I kinda' like non-existing countries. I plan to move to Theory. You know that, "In Theory everything works."
Me too. There is very nice live in PMR(e.g. Northern Cyprus) once you know the right way around.

Old
  (#15)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-12-2007, 14:48

What is a non-existent country? Just ask the Oscars. They got themselves in huge trouble. Hong Kong is not a country, but we don't get into a problem here. What about Palestine? Do they have roaming with any Arab League Countries?

Why any jurisdiction in the middle of Europe would go CDMA only boggles my mind I guess they want to be an Island.

Old
  (#16)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-12-2007, 15:33

Actually there are CDMA networks in Ukraine, Russia as well. And BTW PMR borders with Ukraine.

Old
  (#17)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 24-12-2007, 16:39

There's CDMA also in nearby Romania, as well as in Belarus. But all those networks are rather ridiculous. The CDMA offer in Ukraine is nearly non existant (except the 450MHz one they use like in CZ), I almost couldn't find a single shop selling these phones and I suppose coverage is minimum too. Same in Belarus.

I guess you can find some info here: http://sprintmobile.net/ and http://www.idknet.com/

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#18)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-12-2007, 17:48

There is also CDMA in Kyrgyzstan. I found that by turning on my verizion cell phone, and it started roaming. I hate to think what a call would cost to the US.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+

Old
  (#19)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-12-2007, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
There's CDMA also in nearby Romania, as well as in Belarus. But all those networks are rather ridiculous. The CDMA offer in Ukraine is nearly non existant (except the 450MHz one they use like in CZ), I almost couldn't find a single shop selling these phones and I suppose coverage is minimum too. Same in Belarus.

I guess you can find some info here: http://sprintmobile.net/ and http://www.idknet.com/
In CZ CDMA is used for data only now days. I knew about network in Belarus. Intertelekom coverage is not as bad as I thought. See map http://www.intertelecom.ua/ru/aboutcompany/cmap. Roots of the operator is in south of Ukraine, Odessa. This explains why is as widely available in other parts of country.

I would prefer GSM anyway.

Old
  (#20)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Question 25-12-2007, 01:01

AFAIK CDMA 450 networks in Central and Eastern are "converted" former NMT 450 networks. This is AFAIK the case of Czech Rep., Romania and Belarus. In Poland NMT 450 will probably be "converted" to CDMA only in 2008. It has something around 2000 users countrywide (whereas the maximum was reached at the level about 270 000 in 1997). It's still live because Polish Telecom uses it for landline services in sparsely populated areas where there are problems with GSM Orange coverage.

However, we have here also a CDMA 800 operator (in the Warsaw area) named Sferia which is a landline one, at least in the aspect of numbering because from the point of view of the users is "partially mobile" . Moreover it used to be a pager operator named Polpager which worked on "eastern" 65-74 MHz public radio broadcasting stations .

See here for details: http://www.sferia.pl/index.php?action=page&cid=276.
There are rumours they want to create a "mixed" CDMA/GSM mobile network using dual system handsets and GSM national roaming .

As to "non-existing countries", it was irony, of course. One could even say that Taiwan slightly exists since it's recongnised officially by 24 small countries only . It makes almost no difference to zero countries that recognise PMR