PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
faquick (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Exclamation Wind "MEGA" offers not valid anymore starting... TOMORROW! - 11-02-2007, 14:51

Wind is alerting their customers that the (new and ridiculous) Mega internet tariffs will no longer be valid outside Italy.

They are alerting just now, while the change will happen TOMORROW!

So, be aware of this: starting tomrrow, February 12th 2007, every data connection will be deducted from standard credit and no more from the "Mega" basket.

This could be "good" news because standard tariffs are really better than the new Mega when used abroad, but it is also bad because:

a. they did not alert customers until the last day
b. if you still have credit left in your Mega balance you will not be able to use it anymore if you will not be in Italy

fab---

Name: Fabrizio
Some of my prepaid SIM cards: United Mobile Plus + 3ITA + I WIND + TIM + vodafone IT + 3 UK + O2 UK + Prima
My phones: HTC Desire + BlackBerry 9700

Old
  (#2)
Gargoyle (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 11-02-2007, 16:12

Will the offer still be valid inside Italy? I'm back in the states, but returning to Italy in a couple weeks; hope they don't drop the offer for domestic Italian use.

Old
  (#3)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 11-02-2007, 20:26

That change seems to apply to the PASS promotion as well.

Dave

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-02-2007, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
That change seems to apply to the PASS promotion as well.

Dave
Not officially and not for me, but I'll test it once again in Ireland and UK at the end of the month.

Anyway what Faquick wrote is partially true. In fact only POSTPAID Wind contracts will pay the normal fee while roaming, without using the forfaits, while for prepaid customers nothing changes.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#5)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-02-2007, 11:48

I got the info about PASS from here. Maybe I mistranslate?
http://155.libero.it/pls/portal30/w1...a.item?id=1901

Dave

Old
  (#6)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 12-02-2007, 12:29

Quote:
Dal 12 febbraio 2007 la promozione non è valida per il traffico generato all'Estero con linea in Abbonamento. In questo caso si applicano le tariffe a consumo previste all'Estero.
They say that from 12th of February the offer is not valid on international roaming, only if you use a postpaid contract. No changed for prepaid and no 0.90€/KB, fortunately...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim