PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#41)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-10-2007, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygeffens View Post
I want to believe you, but we can't rely on Callkey anymore do we? This could have been avoided by Callkey if they published the problems they were having theirselfs on friday last week.

If you know more, can you tell us all you know, or have you agreed in an NDA ?
Sorry, Yves, but a company is not obliged to publish its internal workings, and what on earth could you have done about it last week?

I haven't agreed any non-disclosure but ...

Two other resellers do not have this information.

Another involved party was not sent this information by Callkey; they had the reseller website mentioned to them in the last hour.

I just rang ekit.

I asked if they knew for absolutely certain that the existing SIM cards would never work again. They do not know this. Also, I already knew that the other arrangement they have was not made this week, and was not made for reasons associated with this.

Last edited by andy; 03-10-2007 at 12:17..

Old
  (#42)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-10-2007, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
I really depend on this, so I have rushed in! However, I am now having some second thoughts, especially as I do have 2 of one type (Global Premium) and 1 slightly different (England and Ireland).

The devil is in the detail... what is the detail that you have Andy? I was told it is a like for like type replacement product! Same countries etc.
It is like for like, but of course we already knew that certain terms of the ones we have were already no longer available on more recent ones. Which is why I'll wait.

Last edited by andy; 11-02-2008 at 14:03.. Reason: quote inserted

Old
  (#43)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-10-2007, 12:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Sorry, Yves, but a company is not obliged to publish its internal workings, and what on earth could you have done about it last week?
Sorry, what I meant is this:
Callkey could have made an announcement like this:
"Due to blah-blah-blah, will are forced to stop delivering service, we will start again on..."

Now, nobody knew what was happening, everybody was speculating: technical, financial problems, ...
I trust a company better if they are honest from day one, instead of telling nothing and hoping nobody notices.

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S

Old
  (#44)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 03-10-2007, 13:44

They don't sell to or otherwise deal directly with customers, but via distributors and resellers as we are well aware, and some of those have indeed published information

Last edited by andy; 03-10-2007 at 13:56.. Reason: 2 words added, see below

Old
  (#45)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-10-2007, 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
They don't sell to or otherwise deal directly with customers, but via distributors and resellers as we are well aware, and those have indeed published information.
Where have GT-sim and ekit (for example) published any information on the outage? I've received no emails from either of them, and their web sites are still selling the same products.

Old
  (#46)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-10-2007, 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday View Post
Where have GT-sim and ekit (for example) published any information on the outage? I've received no emails from either of them, and their web sites are still selling the same products.
Different sites different policies. What does this tell you about companies not publising this information on their site. You can fill this in yourself.

Old
  (#47)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-10-2007, 14:09

Oh help! I just had a look at the new product as compared to the old. As I said I do have 2 "Global Premium". When I log on with my current details I note I have France, Italy, Spain, UK and Mexico as free incoming. (as per the table). The new product obviously no longer has Mexico. I'm not sure if the old even had Mexico. Wasn't that taken out of ekit Global Premium ages ago? If so, why is it still in my rate table? I never went to Mexico with it, but will hopefully be going soon. Mexico free incoming is obviously a 'nice to have'.

I should perhaps be writing this in another thread. Feel free to move it if necessary!

Old
  (#48)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-10-2007, 16:08

Hello again,

as mentioned by Andy, some Distributors mailed to their customer, that they will replace the SIM to a new one with new number and area code.

Some major changes in the organisation and structure of callkey are on the way, so store your sim cards and wait for the next days to come.

One question at least:

+44 7924 which real network operator is this?

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Old
  (#49)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 03-10-2007, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrgajek View Post
Hello again,

as mentioned by Andy, some Distributors mailed to their customer, that they will replace the SIM to a new one with new number and area code.

Some major changes in the organisation and structure of callkey are on the way, so store your sim cards and wait for the next days to come.

One question at least:

+44 7924 which real network operator is this?
Manx is the operator for both +44-7924 and +44-7624. AFAIK Callkey operated only portions of both numbering plans.

Replacement cards shipped out from eKit use the +44-7924-4 range. The products are the same as the Telestial Passport.

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list