PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-05-2007, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by YackieMobile View Post
and for BBob, we dont create any thing, we just make the thing easer..

with us, no need 5 systems and lond setup ( i remind you that most of the customers dont have yoru experience and skill )
You seem to be on your third system so far

It seems you only actually post here when you have something to promote, but when people have described problems, you just read their posts and go away.

So perhaps you aren't yet qualified to patronise us.

Old
  (#12)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Oh no... - 23-05-2007, 04:56

... not again! They're back?

Old
  (#13)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-05-2007, 15:54

Only time will tell if anything has really changed.

If anyone else that had the old yackie sim received the new one please post here, also if possible, post your experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones_boy View Post
... not again! They're back?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Last edited by Bossman; 24-05-2007 at 01:23..

Old
  (#14)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-05-2007, 14:37

I have not received my new sim yet, but from the updated users guide, it seems like they are going a different route. Quite a number of things are similar to the IOM sims. There is even mention of a UK number, so...

http://www.yackiemobile.com/files/userguide.pdf

Edit: The rates are now totally different. http://www.yackiemobile.com/main/rates/

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Last edited by Bossman; 28-05-2007 at 15:03..

Old
  (#15)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-05-2007, 15:23

Looks like they couldn't get past some of the issues they had with the Israeli SIM or perhaps that the Israeli company had with them? We'll watch what this may portend for Celtrek (if anything).

Old
  (#16)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 28-05-2007, 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
I have not received my new sim yet, but from the updated users guide, it seems like they are going a different route. Quite a number of things are similar to the IOM sims. There is even mention of a UK number, so...

http://www.yackiemobile.com/files/userguide.pdf

Edit: The rates are now totally different. http://www.yackiemobile.com/main/rates/
And I dare to say that $0.49 outgoing and free incoming in most covered countries (including all EU and many non-EU European countries) isn't that bad.

As to the UK number - on the recharge page: https://secure.yackiemobile.com/main/recharge/
you'll see "UK Phone Number (4476...)"

Old
  (#17)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-05-2007, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by YackieMobile View Post
You are still off course ...
I don't think I could put it better myself

Old
  (#18)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-05-2007, 12:28

Take from the link to their service manual.

"Our SIM Cards have a fixed service life of ten month. However, they can be extended
for an additional year, by paying a renewal fee."

"Receiving a call, anytime ( on the UK number )** FREE

** You will have for yourincoming call and your outgoing call a local surtaxe in this Countries due to the RPP rules, see bellow the surtaxe fees"

It does not state if the incomming UK numer is a mobile number or a fixed number.

In the past yackie offered the option to have a fixed number in several places in the world and this would ring on your mobile. This would although not be for free and on there site I can't see this option or cost anymore.

All in all the question is how long will these sims last this time. It does not seem a reliable solution to me.

For this reason I have setup my own system, including call-back and incoming fixed lines. This is a better and cheaper solution.

Old
  (#19)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 29-05-2007, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
It does not state if the incomming UK numer is a mobile number or a fixed number.

In the past yackie offered the option to have a fixed number in several places in the world and this would ring on your mobile. This would although not be for free and on there site I can't see this option or cost anymore.
Maybe you don't like the product, but there is more information than this on their website

The SIM has a mobile number, according to a link in very recent post on this thread, and the DID number costs are also clear enough - $9 set-up fee, $9 a month, and "Sorry, this functionality is momentarily closed. "

Old
  (#20)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-05-2007, 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Maybe you don't like the product, but there is more information than this on their website

The SIM has a mobile number, according to a link in very recent post on this thread, and the DID number costs are also clear enough - $9 set-up fee, $9 a month, and "Sorry, this functionality is momentarily closed. "
Yes I see the link now. So Yackie is just another service now like all the other companies offering a +44 mobile number.

It's not about to like or not to like the product, it's more about how reliable a provider is when they are changing there service everytime or when a functionality is momentarily closed.