PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
pronto5703 (Offline)

Default Whats my Vodafone GR number? - 27-03-2009, 10:53

I've bought 2 Vodafone CU Greece sims on Ebay. I received the sims including the card where I can find the PIN and PUK codes.

I'm not in Greece and I can't make phone calls or send a sms. The short numbers for example to check your balance also don't work. I've tried all the available networks.
There is enough credit on both sims so that can't be the problem.

How do I find out what the phone numbers are of the sims?

Also is the Vodafone section on the sim in Greece. How do I chance it to English?

Old
  (#2)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-03-2009, 07:25

The sim you bought was acivated before you used it? Does the phone register on any of the available networks?

If yes then it should work abroad. If not it might not work

Old
  (#3)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-03-2009, 09:16

Have you looked in "phone settings" or equivalent on your phone? There should be an option for "own number" and SIMs that are set up correctly will list this.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#4)
EllasDevil (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-03-2009, 12:56

Hi,

You should have recieved an envelope with the card which has the telephone number beginning 694 (or 695) and the user code on the outside and the pin and puk inside.

If you don't have this info, switch the sim on and attempt to make a call.

If this still doesn't work then another trick to find out the number is (if it has registered onto a local network of course) to dial *#67# from your line to see if you have any active diverts.

If it's activated to voicemail the divert number will read +30694 121 xxxxxxx (or +30695)

If not then you should have a divert to +30694 114 xxxxxxx (or +30695)

Your phone number is 694/695 then the last seven digits of the number. The 121 and 114 above are not part of your number, they just represent the service you are diverting too.

Old
  (#5)
Big_Nige (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-03-2009, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronto5703 View Post
Also is the Vodafone section on the sim in Greece. How do I chance it to English?
You can do this when you get to Greece. Just dial to top-up number and you get a menu - get a Greek speaker to switch to English for you

Old
  (#6)
gmmour (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-03-2009, 16:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Nige View Post
You can do this when you get to Greece. Just dial to top-up number and you get a menu - get a Greek speaker to switch to English for you
When you dial the top-up number dial 3 and then 1 (or 2)...
3 is definitely the language change menu and then it's either 1 or 2 for english!