i would love to have prepaid line with internet

any suggestion ?

regards,

Old
  (#2)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 27-02-2011, 16:19

Every country combination is different. For what you are describing, I think I would look at an Ekit SIM which has free incoming (on a UK mobile number) in Western Europe and the US, but it doesn't have great data rates. Right now, prepaid data roaming SIMs are significantly more expensive than local SIMs. The two data offerings that come to mind are aBroadband and the MaxRoam data SIM.

Old
  (#3)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-02-2011, 23:42

Abroadband seems to have the cheapest data, by far.(less than $1/mb) Truphone has $2.17/mb data rates in the places you will go and also has voice rates that are "reasonable", but some others would have cheaper voice rates in some countries. (Seems to be 21cents incoming in most EU countries and 51 cents outgoing within that same country. Calling outside where you are costs more and varies.
...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#4)
spoow (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-03-2011, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Abroadband seems to have the cheapest data, by far.(less than $1/mb) Truphone has $2.17/mb data rates in the places you will go and also has voice rates that are "reasonable", but some others would have cheaper voice rates in some countries. (Seems to be 21cents incoming in most EU countries and 51 cents outgoing within that same country. Calling outside where you are costs more and varies.
...mike
amazing ! i'm wondering if i can use it as a phone also i mean i can get a number ?

Old
  (#5)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 03-03-2011, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoow View Post
amazing ! i'm wondering if i can use it as a phone also i mean i can get a number ?
no, it is a data only card.

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#6)
spoow (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-03-2011, 15:21

thanks all i think ill keep this SIM for my ipad while roaming , any suggestion for europe? making call/received txting ?

regards,

Old
  (#7)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-03-2011, 10:13

Quote:
thanks all i think ill keep this SIM for my ipad while roaming , any suggestion for europe? making call/received txting ?

regards,
depends a bit where you call most and in which country you visit most of the time.

thanks to the EU we have regulated roaming tariffs, which mean that calls inside the EU will cost you not more than 45ct/min, receiving calls not more than 17ct/min, sms 13ct. But if you call outside the EU the rates are mostly crazy. These rates apply for any SIM card you buy from a EU operator.

You might want to look at the international roaming section of this website as well to compare other solutions:
PrePaidGSM.net: International GSM Operators

Old
  (#8)
spoow (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-03-2011, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
depends a bit where you call most and in which country you visit most of the time.

thanks to the EU we have regulated roaming tariffs, which mean that calls inside the EU will cost you not more than 45ct/min, receiving calls not more than 17ct/min, sms 13ct. But if you call outside the EU the rates are mostly crazy. These rates apply for any SIM card you buy from a EU operator.

You might want to look at the international roaming section of this website as well to compare other solutions:
PrePaidGSM.net: International GSM Operators
i think i should have european sim for europe right ? what is best prepaid sim for europe ? i'm using UK Vodafone but its expensive

thanks in advance,

Old
  (#9)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-03-2011, 14:36

Quote:
i think i should have european sim for europe right ? what is best prepaid sim for europe ? i'm using UK Vodafone but its expensive

thanks in advance,
As is said, the standard tariffs are not different. if you use a Vodafone UK card anywhere in EU it will cost the same then with any other EU SIM card.

Old
  (#10)
spoow (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-03-2011, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Abroadband seems to have the cheapest data,
Abroadband doesn't support blackberry might be a good choose for Ipad not blackberry , looking for blackberry in europe any?